Talk

Advanced search

I need a bit of a rant!

(2 Posts)
HHH3 Fri 01-Aug-14 19:24:30

I'm a lone parent of 2 wonderful boys. DS1 is 10 and spends his time 50/50 between me and his dad. DS2 is 19 months. His dad died suddenly just over a year ago. So I get almost no break (apart from a couple of hours a week while I go to counselling).

I have a friend who is married a has a DS who is slightly younger than DS2. He's unwell at the moment and my friend has had to take the week off work to look after him. Because the illness is contagious they also can't go out (but do have a garden so not stuck inside in lovely weather).

I know ok being unfair but I'm tired of hearing how hard it is for her to be stuck at home with a poorly child all day. But also hearing that her DH is doing some of the nights so she can get some sleep and knowing she can go out and get some time out of the house and on her own when he gets back from work. He's also home all weekend.

When DS2 had a contagious illness a few months ago I was literally stuck in a tiny flat with no garden 24/7, no help at all, up at night with him but still having to function in the day. I just want to scream and say 'you have no idea how much harder it could be'.

Like I said, I know I'm being unfair. Think I'm just feeling a bit sensitive at the moment and getting warn down by thingshmm

OP’s posts: |
Smilesandpiles Sat 02-Aug-14 13:50:17

It's annoying isn't it?

It doesn't get anybetter on that side of things either. There will always be someone who thinks they know how hard you have it because their childminder wasn't available, dh had to work away for a week or because they are on their own with a dog (yes, a dog, no child, just the dog).

I suppose the only thing you can do is smile and ignore it and just remind yourself they are clueless and really haven't the faintest of what it's really like.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in