Advanced search

Maximum number of SS referrals?

(11 Posts)
Pumpkinpie11 Mon 23-Jun-14 00:00:48

I was just wondering if there is a maximum number of times the police will refer to SS before action is taken?
Every time my DC's go for contact the police make a referral to SS. I have also been enlightened to the fact that the police won't tell me despite the fact I have residency so I need to phone SS on a Monday morning to find out.
My ex is an open case with SS after the children 'spilled the beans' to the police & SS a while ago but the SW has informed me that as the ex has agreed to go on a parenting course the case will be closed.
That was 2 weeks ago and there have been police referrals twice since then.
The referrals are neglect.
I'm just a bit worried as they have 2 weeks contact in the school holidays and he can't cope with 2 nights!!

cestlavielife Mon 23-Jun-14 12:43:53

who is reporting him to the police?
why are they going for contact? is there a court order?

apply to get it changed ... seg to supervised contact

Pumpkinpie11 Mon 23-Jun-14 13:45:07

Sometimes he calls the police because they go missing, sometimes members of the public and this weekend it was just that a police van driving around at 11pm decided the kids shouldn't be walking the streets at that time of night.

Sadly the contact is court ordered. I was allowed to stop it for a while on advice from police child protection but once SS got involved and he agreed to sign a schedule of expectation & go on a parenting course I had to reinstate it.

He just hasn't quite got the idea that the kids come first and that they need rules. He does stupid things like forget to pick them up from school but SS think the parenting class will help. I'm not convinced because he's had 10 children in total and if he hasn't got it in 37 years he may never get it.

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 23-Jun-14 13:51:24

oh FFS yet again the negligent fathers rights trump the safety of the children & THEIR rights to a safe and nurturing environment.

OP it must be a nightmare for you, my heart goes out to you.

Can you ask for an urgent case review and get all the HCPs police family liaison team, ss etc together?

This can't be right.

cestlavielife Mon 23-Jun-14 14:21:57

clearly the parenting course hasn't/isn't working! keep good records and take it back to court .
how old are the children?

call SS and let them know they are being held responsible for this man's actions...

Pumpkinpie11 Mon 23-Jun-14 16:44:22

Thanks, I get made to feel like I'm overprotective by SS.

The children range from 4 to 11 and also a 15 year old who camps in the woods during contact. The police are happy for him to do that while he's in his dad's 'care' as his dad allows it.

I have been keeping records since the court order was issued.

Can I get this back to court before August does anyone know?
I'm just waiting for the social worker's report before I decide how much weight my case has. She has told me though that I'm doing the right thing by not allowing my 2yo to go which is reassuring as long as she puts that in black & white.

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 23-Jun-14 23:40:29

If you have records of all these terrible incidents ( with police i cident numbers dates times etc) I would think you have a strong case for going back to court asap.

Duty of care, safeguarding & accountability are good words / phrases to throw back at the Ss. Who is responsible for the results of your exes actions as dear god he surely isn't & its the kids that will suffer.

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 23-Jun-14 23:41:07

Have you got a shit hot family lawyer?

Pumpkinpie11 Tue 24-Jun-14 00:03:21

I can't afford a solicitor and he has one!
I'm self repping for finances with a Mckenzie friend which I've found is going really well and I feel much more comfortable in the court room than I thought I would. Mainly because my ex wants the house & car but the judge feels the children need them more.

How do I apply to change the court order? For the original residency hearing I used a (crap) solicitor so she did all the paperwork. The first hearing went well and CAFCASS supported minimal contact however which was agreed by both sides so no report was needed . When we went back to have it signed off my solicitor had changed and bullied me into agreeing to lots more contact which he clearly can 't cope with.
I do believe they should have their dad in their life but he just can't cope with the amount of time he has them. I really can't stand him but he loves them and they appreciate me when they go there!!

starlight1234 Tue 24-Jun-14 13:30:45

I would go and get some advice ..Maybe post on legal. I don't know any procedures but was told I could stop contact due to safety reasons. It was not however court ordered.

Can the Mackenzie guy or CAB help you.

It must be a nightmare for you

ICanHearYou Fri 27-Jun-14 07:50:13

are all the children yours? how often does he hav them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now