Advanced search

drugs and ex

(11 Posts)
foolsrushin Sun 13-Apr-14 18:18:40

would you report your ex for using drugs whilst 6 year old in house? This is 1 of the reasons I left but not sure what to do or how to do it. All opinions welcome. Not my child by the way

nomoretether Sun 13-Apr-14 19:26:23

Cannabis and not his child - I'd be more concerned about the parent not removing the child.
Cannabis and his own child while asleep - probably wouldn't do anything.
Cannabis and his own child while awake - would speak to Social Services but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't care.

Anything stronger than cannabis I would speak to social services if it was my child or if I felt the child was actually at risk. Otherwise I'd speak to the other parent (assuming the child is his child).

foolsrushin Sun 13-Apr-14 19:56:03

Thanks nomoretether. cannabis and cocaine his child. How would I go about raising concerns

Cupid5tunt Sun 13-Apr-14 20:59:15

I would report it to social services and let them investigate and deal with it accordingly.

foolsrushin Sun 13-Apr-14 22:03:48

I know its selfish but they will know its me and it will probably cause me loads of problems. I just can't get it out of my head.

mummyOF4darlings Sun 13-Apr-14 22:18:58

Could you raise concerns with the childs school?

Cupid5tunt Sun 13-Apr-14 22:22:53

Will it cause you problems though? All you have to say to them is it had nothing to do with you at all. There is no need for you to ever let on it was you. I would bounce it back to him and say that obviously he isn't that careful about his habits because it wasn't you so obviously other people know.

Do you have genuine welfare concerns for the child? If you do, you have to say something IMHO. It's bigger than you and him.

foolsrushin Sun 13-Apr-14 23:07:43

Thanks all xx I thought about saying I was a mum at school or a neighbour with concerns to try and deflect it from me iyswim. What did it for me is that he was doing both 7 days a week. Child up til all hours and sleeping in bed with him most of day. Alongside all that he has a mean temper and kicks off at every little thing. I am struggling with my conscience on this. He has the drugs delivered to his house whilst child there too. Arrrgghh just don't know what to do

mummyOF4darlings Sun 13-Apr-14 23:11:05

Do you know what school the childs at? They may have a parent worker you could speak to i know at my kids school we have 1 and i know of people who have brought up concerns with her regarding certain families and shes always followed the concerns up

foolsrushin Sun 13-Apr-14 23:29:34

I do yes. I don't know if they have a parent worker though. Do you think if I anonymously report to nspcc they will follow it up?

Chloebw Thu 17-Apr-14 21:36:25

Someone made malicious calls to social work on me (thinking if was angry exp dad do dd) and they wouldn't tell me anything no matter how hard I tried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now