Advanced search

I feel like I'm on Jeremy Kyle

(11 Posts)
fatedtopretend Wed 26-Mar-14 04:51:29

My dd's father (we split up prior to finding out I was pregnant and he does not want to be involved) is now requesting a DNA test.

This is because recently I applied for CSA, I hadn't wanted to but I can't afford housing for me and dd at the moment whilst paying for full time childcare and saving to do a new course to retrain for a better career. I am fed up living with my parents-they are amazing for putting us up an helping out but I really want our own place.

Her dad is doing this to be spiteful, he sends venomous emails every few weeks saying how he wishes I would die and that I am a cunt and he hopes my bastard daughter knows that I am a money grabbing bitch.

I am just so sad at how things are. He knows she is his. I would just like a break, a small bit of luck to stop me feeling like a piece of shit failure of a mother.

KepekCrumbs Wed 26-Mar-14 05:00:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElBumpo Wed 26-Mar-14 07:34:39

That's awful. There is no excuse for his behaviour, none at all. You are more than entitled to claim child maintenance on behalf of your daughter - she is entitled to the support of both parents and if he won't be a father to her then the least he can do is support her financially. It's not YOU grabbing money, it's for her.

LetZygonsbeZygons Wed 26-Mar-14 16:59:00

can you not show his emails to someone in authority? hes harassing you good and proper.

fatedtopretend Wed 26-Mar-14 20:39:33


I didn't know personal emails like that could be reported anywhere?!

Thank you for your replies, I'm just really fed up and my confidence is at an all time low.

fatedtopretend Wed 26-Mar-14 22:18:28

This is one from a few months ago:

"5th of the months and the money we had for food and petrol to get to work has gone to you, your such s cunt and I hope you die.
Sincerely hope."

He has apologised once or twice but reverts back to abusive soon after.

NoodleOodle Wed 26-Mar-14 22:27:23

Yes, you can report abusive emails. It is a specific crime - forward one to your local police and ask for an officer to come round to document the rest of the harassing communication you have received, or an appointment to do so at the station.


NoodleOodle Wed 26-Mar-14 22:32:59

Emails are covered under the malicious communications act see here

LetZygonsbeZygons Thu 27-Mar-14 19:23:52

Op PLEASE report him, his emails are disgusting and threatening and abusive.

Im so sorry you're going through all this, thank God for your parents being there though.

my ex sent me abusive letters (years ago before I had a pc) and I reported him and not only did I get an injunction, (which I had anyway from other abuse) but he was arrested too.

Sparklysilversequins Thu 27-Mar-14 19:31:03

I would make a formal complaint to the police. I made a statement to my local police about similar but asked that no further action be taken at this time, just to keep on report. They were wonderful and just itching to go and find him to have a word and warn him off.

fatedtopretend Thu 27-Mar-14 19:41:52

Thank you all, I feel like I'm waiting constantly for the next email that makes my heart sink to come through. I had no idea about being able to report him and I will seriously consider it and let you know what happens.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: