Talk

Advanced search

feeling the guilt

(5 Posts)
walterwhiteswife Mon 24-Feb-14 13:52:58

I left exh over five years ago with the help of mn and went to live in a refuge. we have now got are own flat its spacious and have made friends. ds loves his school and has lots of friends. im taking driving lessons and I have a job looking after a little girl 4 days a week 9 to 5 x the only thing is the guilt. ds was crying last night saying he wished id past my test because he doesn't get to spend much time with me. I miss him terribly when im at work and feel bad that im playing and giving cuddles to the lo I look after and not him sadsad

cestlavielife Mon 24-Feb-14 14:07:15

count the hours you DO spend with DS each day; each week. you cant be with him at school can you?

every working parent can feel guilt but you need to put it away in a box and focus on quality good times with your ds

BitOutOfPractice Mon 24-Feb-14 14:09:25

I agree, that's a parent guilt thing, not a LP guilt thing!

I assume he's at school when you are caring for the other child so you couldn't be playing with him anyway

pussycatdoll Mon 24-Feb-14 14:10:20

What does he do after school until you finish work at 5pm?

Tbh most kids are a bit unsettled going back to school after half term

walterwhiteswife Mon 24-Feb-14 14:28:57

hey ty all. he goes to a childminder after school and he likes it there. I know im being silly and its only a couple of hours I just needed to say it out loud to someone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now