Talk

Advanced search

Childminder said my bedroom is 'disgusting.'

(53 Posts)
GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Fri 07-Feb-14 17:46:20

My daughter asked me today if the childminder is allowed in my room. I said why was she in there? My daughter said she was getting something, which is fine except she said that the childminder said it was 'disgusting!' This is pretty weird isn't it?!?

MargotLovedTom Fri 07-Feb-14 17:47:49

Yes.

And is it? wink

Bamaluz Fri 07-Feb-14 17:49:34

Yes because childminders usually mind children in their own home, do you mean babysitter?

GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Fri 07-Feb-14 17:55:01

Yeah babysitter if you like!

Honestly do you all have your beds made in the morning? No clothes lying here & there? I'm a single parent. What did she expect? A bedroom out of 'Home & Country' magazine?

handcream Fri 07-Feb-14 17:56:35

So do all single parents have rooms that are disgusting?

crashbangboom Fri 07-Feb-14 17:59:53

Don't really understand the context of tour childcare?

runningonwillpower Fri 07-Feb-14 18:03:12

Dog shit on your shoe is disgusting.

A bit of untidiness is normal. (Well in our house it is.)

But regardless of the degree of untidiness, I would be very annoyed about an adult passing on that kind of judgement to a child.

If she really said that, I would question her suitability to be around my child.

GlitzAndGiggles Fri 07-Feb-14 18:05:07

It was out of order for her to make a comment like that to your child! I'm not a lone parent but my bedroom gets messy (dp's mess though! )

PennyCooper Fri 07-Feb-14 18:17:31

Well, was it a bomb site?

Mines scruffy with a few clothes here and there but it's not disgusting.

Mumof3xx Fri 07-Feb-14 18:20:29

She shouldn't have said it to your child

Unless it's an absolute shit tip and the rest of your house is too and she is concerned for your child it's none of her buisness

I'm not a single parent and my bedroom gets messy with clothes and the odd mug plus random crap the dc decide to bring in

rach2713 Fri 07-Feb-14 22:44:06

Oh me I bet her room is a shit tip to I kno for a fact my room does get messy with mine and my partners things on the floor especially his work clothes as he's a roofer lying next to the bed and cups off juice and tea lol takesa few minutes to clean when I can be bothered lol. Abd why was the childminder in your room in first place wouldn't like if mine went in my room

EBearhug Fri 07-Feb-14 22:49:22

Will you be using the babysitter again?

Next time, you should strew some sex toys around the unmade bed for her to see.

GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Sat 08-Feb-14 00:01:28

Ok I'm going to be honest. A couple of mugs on desk where I work and yes desk messy. 2 mugs to be precise. A few things waiting to be put where they go so untidy. Bed unmade. Few clothes on bed, hanging over chair. Nothing dirty at all apart from 2 coffee mugs which were there for 24 hours max. Room aired that morning with not even any dirty clothes in washbasket. I have to say that I am not keen to use her again!!! I actually think my room is lovely and I think if a childminder feels need to get something, they should be in and out without a sideways glance and certainly without negative comments!!!

GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Sat 08-Feb-14 00:03:40

Haha Ebearhug! Seriously though- being judged like that by someone who doesn't even have kids herself...

Do keep sharing your views :-)

My daughter assured me that she definitely said it.

GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Sat 08-Feb-14 00:06:53

Messy yes. Messier than when I didn't have 2 kids definitely. Disgusting?!?!

Mellowandfruitful Sat 08-Feb-14 00:07:12

It sounds a lot better kept than mine. None of her business what your room is like (unless it's strewn with syringes dripping heroin or something like that) and I don't see why she had to go in there anyway. I would find another babysitter.

BrianTheMole Sat 08-Feb-14 00:09:56

My rooms a shit tip. I'd be annoyed if someone walked in there anyway though. What was it she was getting from your room?

GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Sat 08-Feb-14 00:10:38

Rach my room is def not a shit tip thanks! It's beautiful. Painted in a brautiful colour, plants, high ceiling. Just a bit messy as described above! No men smells or mens mess either thank God!

nessus Sat 08-Feb-14 00:14:45

My bedroom is a state but would not expect 'paid staff' to be noseying in there with express permission. Exercise your spending power and never use her services again. It will give her more time to spruce up her house judgemental cow hmm

nessus Sat 08-Feb-14 00:15:20

without rather!

LilQueenie Sat 08-Feb-14 00:17:42

Why was she in there to begin with? Did you find out? Leave something waiting for her next time like a bucket of cold water as she opens the door. just warn ur DD

GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Sat 08-Feb-14 00:45:57

I did find out why she went in. Normally noone goes in my room as I always close door shut when ppl in house. I'm ok with that part. Well... I will check something with my daughter but yes I think that part was ok.

rach2713 Sat 08-Feb-14 07:53:51

Op you missed read I ment your childminders room is a shit tip not yours lol

GreenRedBlueYellowPurple Sat 08-Feb-14 11:05:51

Oops sorry! No I reckon hers looks like mine did before I had kids! I mean even my little girl found it strange for her to say that. [My little girl is great.]

crashbangboom Sat 08-Feb-14 15:18:05

Sounds like you are using a babysitter in the day when actually you should be using a nanny.

That's probably explains the lack of professionalism.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now