Talk

Advanced search

Not sure I ve done the right thing

(7 Posts)
sandiy Wed 05-Feb-14 21:37:47

My ex got together with a much younger girl,got her pregnant and left her within six months of the birth.
Loads of drama and unpleasantness along the way,including police involvement legal stuff all very unpleasant.
While her behaviour towards me was shocking at times on reflection he Probobly fed her a pack of lies and did nothing to help the situation.She was Ow She had lots of issues with me I have never spoken to her directly.
My children are desperate to see their sister and miss her so much. ex won t facilitate a meeting between them as he say his exgf and baby's mum holds a grudge against the children for splitting them up!
I'm not sure that I entirely believe this as she bought them really considerate birthday and Christmas presents.I know she bought them not him as he would never have been so thoughtful and she included a nice photo card with a message.
I ve ended up popping to mothercare and buying a couple of nice outfits and some toys so the children can send their sister something back and because I think it's a bit of a peace offering.
Am I wrong to contact her via Facebook so I can post the gift and a little message from the children so she knows I don t hold a grudge and want the children to have contact or take the stuff back and let sleeping dogs lie.

Whereisegg Wed 05-Feb-14 21:40:11

I think that would be a lovely thing to do op smile

Poshers Wed 05-Feb-14 21:46:26

Really lovely thing to do ... life is too short. grin❤️

InPursuitOfOblivion Wed 05-Feb-14 21:59:18

Go for it. Even if she doesn't appreciate it, you know you gave it a shot.
It might turn out really well. My ex told his GF a pack of lies about me, ( I wanted to beat her up, wanted him back blah blah). When they split up I found all this out and she found out it was all lies. Now we are good friends and have a laugh at his expense.

Monetbyhimself Wed 05-Feb-14 22:04:29

Lovely gesture smile

lostdad Thu 06-Feb-14 09:21:58

That's a really nice thing to do and shows you are the bigger person - thinking of the kids rather than anyone else.

grin

InPursuitOfOblivion Fri 07-Feb-14 11:40:29

How did things go OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now