Advanced search

H wants to leave, how to find out re maintenance / benefits, pls?

(7 Posts)
pindorasbox Fri 27-Sep-13 12:30:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LaTrucha Fri 27-Sep-13 12:34:41

If you go to the CSA website there is a calculator for child support minimum payments there. In my understanding, payments he makes to the children should not be counted in any caluclation of entitlement to benefits. If he pays maintenance for you, this is counted.

Look at I have heard that their estimates can be generous though.

LaTrucha Fri 27-Sep-13 12:36:50

BTW I am no expert at this! That's just as much as I know.

fuzzywuzzy Fri 27-Sep-13 12:41:46

CSA doesn't affect benefits does it?

I thought they changed that?

WithConfidence Fri 27-Sep-13 12:43:11 remember this is the minimum, if you can't work with mobility problems you should maybe get legal advice? Eg if your children are very young you could get spousal maintenance if they live with you.

Ask for another advisor as I don't think maintenance does affect benefits anymore.

I get income support as ds under 5, tax credits, child benefit, council tax benefit. Could also apply for housing benefit as rent. I think there is some help to pay interest on a mortgage but there are conditions to it I think, not sure.

Don't worry it gets easier, sounds like you are well rid of the prat.

pindorasbox Fri 27-Sep-13 13:16:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklysilversequins Fri 27-Sep-13 14:31:18

Child Support is not counted when assessing benefits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now