Advanced search

Advice on benifit claim for single parent

(3 Posts)
kittycat68 Sun 15-Sep-13 18:20:35

put in your claims the day he moves out or stops paying the bills, you cant do it before.

lottieandmia Thu 12-Sep-13 12:35:32

While you are still financially linked to him in any way you'll be regarded as living together, so it's probably best to wait until he moves out and no longer pays for anything.

bumpsnowjustplump Wed 11-Sep-13 21:14:54

Hi, I am a single parent of three children. This is a new thing and ex partner is still in the house and is still paying the bills. His wages are going into our Joint account while we wait for his new accommodation to be ready for him to move into. The joint account is going as soon as he gives me a date then I am transferring all DD's to my single account and mortgage to his single account and he will get paid into his single account as he has agreed to pay the mortgage so we can stay in the house. Do I need to wait until he moves and thus isn't paying bills before I can claim any help? Focusing on the practical things like money is actually helping to stop me falling apart right now as I am not having to think about anything else!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now