Talk

Advanced search

Why is it getting harder?

(3 Posts)
Marmite48 Wed 12-Jun-13 17:45:06

I have a DS (21 Months) and I am 32 weeks PG with DC2, Last November my fiancé left me completely out of the blue after planning our second child. It was such a shock to me, I had to move in with my parents due to financial reasons.

It has been 7 months and I feel as devastated as I did when he walked out without a backwards glance.

He sees DS every week/every other week and every time I see him I beg him to come back to me. I text him at night telling him how I feel and he ignores me.

I'm devastated and I love him more than I ever have. Why? I just want him back sad

lostdad Wed 12-Jun-13 18:30:23

Really sorry to hear that Marmite - not a lot I can offer in the way of practical help other than to say you will feel better eventually - time is a great healer.

I understand how it feels. You feel ripped in half, skinned alive and dazed. It can leave you depressed, nauseous and unable to function.

If I can do the whole bloke thing and give you practical advise: Look after yourself. It's good you're not on your own. Don't isolate yourself - go out with friends (even if you don't feel like it...and I can appreciate that too). Exercise, keep at your hobbies and if you are ill - go to the doctor.

If it's any consolation (and it was to me when I was in a similar situation) there are a lot of us out there who know what you're going through.

Lostdad

RitaFajita Wed 12-Jun-13 21:25:00

I really feel for you. My ex husband left me when I was 15 weeks pregnant - a planned pregnancy too. I only stopped wanting him back when he finally admitted that he'd left me for someone else. (This was months down the line.)
I really hope things work out for you but the best thing you can do meanwhile is assume it's not going to happen.
He needs to see you get on with your life and it is the best thing for you and your son and baby too.
I'm several years down the line and I've a good friendship with my ex and he's a great part time Dad for which I'm grateful. I know you will find it impossible to believe at the moment, but the pain and the shock does lessen, I promise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now