Talk

Advanced search

Xp has got a flat

(28 Posts)
nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:38:16

The agent rang today to say it's his. All he has to do now is get the council to pay the bond (he is still on ssp) and he should get the keys next thursday or friday.

Am pleased but not as pleased as I thought i'd be oddly.

Once he has got furniture and stuff the kids can stay over every sat night, which I should also be pleased about but oddly am not really.

Someone slap me.

FioFio Fri 26-May-06 10:38:53

Message deleted

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:40:39

Hopefully yeah, ta Fio

I will be going over to give it my seal of approval seeing as the kids will be stopping there. Just hope it's all ok.

Bugsy2 Fri 26-May-06 10:42:06

This is really good news Nutcracker. You'll feel more pleased when he is looking after the children for a bit & you get a bit of a break.

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:43:18

Yeah I'm sure in 6mths time I'll be looking forward to my saturday nights each week alot.

Think I am just grumpy today in general LOL

LadyTophamHatt Fri 26-May-06 10:44:12

why do you thinkyou're not pleased Nutty?

(i suspect thats a million dollar question though....)

dinosaure Fri 26-May-06 10:45:28

Nutty, hope you feel more positive about it all soon.

How are you, been thinking about you?

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:46:53

Errrrm not sure tbh, suppose it's sort of like the final nail in the coffin or something.

Reminds me of when my mum and dad split up and I hadn't spoken to my mum for months and months and then one day she said she had found a flat and was leaving, and i cried and cried. I was pleased but not pleased all at the same time.

Think I kinda feel like he is getting sorted too, whilst I am still floundering alot.

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:48:14

I'm ok thanks dino, having good and bad days tbh.
I feel a bit abandoned some days which is silly cos i kicked him out.

dinosaure Fri 26-May-06 10:48:59

Give yourself time, nutty, it's very hard adjusting to not being in a long-term relationship with someone any more, even if the relationship wasn't particularly happy and you were the one who was instrumental in bringing it to an end. It just does take time to get to grips with.

dinosaure Fri 26-May-06 10:50:40

You've done fantastically well so far - I really am full of admiration for you.

Maybe now is the time to start focusing a bit more on what you want out of life? Maybe set some goals, some short term ones and maybe one or two long term ones - to give you something to aim for?

expatinscotland Fri 26-May-06 10:51:00

Aw, nutty! What a relief, though.

Hope time smooths it all over.

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:51:50

Aww thanks dino

I am applying for a job at the mo which if i get it i'm hoping will change things for me a bit for the better.

Blu Fri 26-May-06 10:52:16

Slap!

Another step forward, but even going forward can have it's painfulneses and difficulties.

Blu Fri 26-May-06 10:52:42

Fingers crossed for your job!

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:52:51

Yeah your right expat, I think given time I will feel alot better. I have no patience LOL

dinosaure Fri 26-May-06 10:52:54

Best of luck with the job app, nutty.

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:53:39

Thanks guys

Marina Fri 26-May-06 10:54:22

Good luck with the job interview nutty
I think the positive feelings about xp's new home will come to the surface soon

LadyTophamHatt Fri 26-May-06 10:54:24

Oh nutty, I'll bet all the tea in china that he's floundering too.

He's probably shi**ing himslef at the prospect of having to live by himeself, and do everything for himslef.

And, although I've never been in your situation I suspect that anyone who has would still be floundering after only a few months. You have reasons to flounder. He, on the hand hasn't(IMO anyway)

He's a grown man Nutty, it's time he sorted himself out.

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 10:57:35

Very true LTH and tbh he still won't have to stand on his own two feet now because his mum will help him out i think. The flat will be furnished quicker than I can blink.

fattiemumma Fri 26-May-06 11:03:45

isnt that the most irritating thing.
that you have to struggle along with kids in tow yet he, a single grown man still gets to fal back on his parents....been in a simialar situation and it just annoys me...i am however over it you will be glad to hear. lol

LadyTophamHatt Fri 26-May-06 11:06:51

"because his mum will help him"

and he's how old???

<tut>

sobernow Fri 26-May-06 11:07:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 11:21:13

TBH If she was my mum, I wouldn't want her help, she is evil.

The kids don't know about the flat yet. I am not telling them until he has the keys in his hand just incase.

I think they will be really pleased to have some sort of routine where they go and spend time with him each week.

It does bring back bad memories for me but I always knew the split would do that.

I am pleased for him and pleased for the kids but don't feel pleased for me. Very confusing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: