Advanced search


(7 Posts)
Concreteblonde Sat 01-Jun-13 09:25:49

The way that you are living is intolerable. He sounds like an absolute bully and you are being abused financially as well as emotionally.
Seek legal advice ASAP and get in touch with citizens advice. It won't be easy but you and your children sound as if you would be much better off away from this man.

Lioninthesun Sat 01-Jun-13 00:59:56

Sure someone in the know will help soon.
Just wanted to post and say you should go to CAB and try to get housing for you and kids sorted out, regardless. I don't think living on a knife edge of becoming homeless is any way to live. You need to take back some control for yourself and kids here.
If he paid 15% of his wage (via CSA) would you be better off without him?

Lana80 Sat 01-Jun-13 00:56:05

Thanks for all advices. I also heard that I should not leave the house otherwise it will be considered intentional homeless and that I need to wait until I have a court order to be evicted. Is it true

STIDW Sun 26-May-13 20:43:59

Don't leave before seeing a solicitor to find out where you stand and what options there are. Some solicitors are still prepared to give a first half hour appointment without charging. Although you will only receive general information at a free first appointment you will then be in a better position to decide how to proceed.

BabiesAreLikeBuses Sun 26-May-13 00:02:05

If he's a good guy why does he keep threatening?

Kids are expensive, esp pre schoolers, he shouldn't be shocked by this. Unless your name is on mortgage/ rent he can do this...

PurpleThing Sat 25-May-13 23:10:13

Oh lana, that doesn't sound any way to live. You might be happier leaving.

Go to Citizens Advice on Monday and ask about housing and benefits. He will have to pay maintenance for his bio child.

Lana80 Sat 25-May-13 13:25:35

Hi all,

my unmarried partner has just told me he wants me out of his house. We have 2 kids (6 and 2 y.o.), one of them is not his biological child. Can he kick us out? I am a full time mum. Obviously he pays for everything having quite a well paid job. He works abroad every 2 weeks while I look after kids. I have nobody around at all and most of the time on my own with kids.

So I guess my question is can he legally kick me out ? I am too upset now but have to think straight. He always threats me to do this when he is not in a mood and I feel so scared he will do it physically one day. I try not to spend his money on myself (no food, cosmetics etc) at all just food. Obviously I have to spend money on kids but he says he spends on me a lot as he pays all the bills for me. I feel so useless and upset

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now