Talk

Advanced search

Anyone get maintenance from someone who works overtime regularly?

(6 Posts)
PurpleThing Sat 11-May-13 21:43:07

Do you just get a set agreed amount or are you supposed to get the % of what they actually earned? Ex works overtime most weeks and cancels contact so he can work extra, meaning I look after ds instead obviously.

Does anyone actually get the extra money or is it just usually the basic wage?

(He owes me craploads of money which is why I am being so grabby btw.)

chocoreturns Sat 11-May-13 22:03:17

CSA assessment uses payslips and goes on the average actual take home over a period of 3 months. If you think he is getting a lot of legit overtime he isn't passing on the benefit from, you should ask for a reassessment. You can ask every 6-12 months, or anytime you have reason to believe there is greater than a 5% rise or fall in his income (so can he).

If you don't use the CSA, all I can say is, do. I wouldn't accept my ex's word for it when it comes to his income, ever.

PurpleThing Sat 11-May-13 22:15:47

Thank you, that is really helpful. I wish I had thought about this before as Christmas is his busiest time...

iwantanafternoonnap Sun 12-May-13 10:16:24

Ooh yes ask for a reassessment. I can't wait for August to come along so I can get ex's reassessed as I know he has been promoted but it does not show in the amount he gives me. He has nothing to do with DS and i know it is going to bug the shit out if him and the woman he left me for. I plan on doing it every August. Not that I am a bitter and twisted woman lol

HerrenaHarridan Sun 12-May-13 12:12:26

Just want to see what consensus is on some rather odd behaviour of ex.

So minimal background. Dd is 15mo and see her dad 2hrs a week at contact centre an has done for 3 months (except for the 3 times he cancelled last min)
Things are obviously not good between us and can't progress to be any better until his bail conditions are lifted (which won't happen until he goes to court for smashing my window)
All contact is currently through mediation.
I get no money from him as haven't bothered chasing because he is a student living on a bursary of approx £50 pw (in Scotland students are exempt from the standard £5 for those on benefits)

However the last two times he saw dd he hid a five pound note in her shoe.

This make me distinctly uncomfortable, I can't help but think there is done ulterior motive (he is very controlling and manipulative)

So do I
A) say nothing and put in in dds trust fund
B) say nothing and put it in my car fund
C) say nothing and buy cheap wine!
D) contact mediation to tell him to stop or do it above board

Wwyd?

PurpleThing Sun 12-May-13 15:20:41

That is creepy Herrena. I would contact mediation about it. Maybe ask Women's Aid for advice on how to word it? I found them very good for talking through how to handle things.

If you do get maintenance it is up to you what you spend it on though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now