Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Contact CSA or not bother?

(9 Posts)
Pamelad18 Mon 06-May-13 22:44:20

I left my exP last Sept because of severe domestic violence. I had to change my mobile number due to harassment & asked him to contact my sister with regards to seeing our DD. He hasn't bothered as it would mean him getting off his lazy arse & driving 15 miles to see her. I have had a few letters from his Solicitor & have tried to compromise for our DD's sake but basically he is not willing to put himself out & travel to see her. One of the letters said he was keen to sort it out amicably without going to court.
What I would like to know is, do I contact CSA for the £5 per week he would have to give (he doesn't work). I don't want him to think he has some sort of claim to see her just because he pays iykwim?

PurpleThing Tue 07-May-13 17:47:04

Maintenance is separate to contact. Just because he pays, doesn't mean he gets what he wants.

5 quid a week is 260 a year. 2.6K after 10 years.

ThingummyBob Tue 07-May-13 17:50:40

Plus if he does get a job you will already be in the system and much easier to force maintenance through the CSA if you have doubts hmm he will pay fairly and squarely.

Will be building up arrears from when case opens even at £5 per week.

Always worth it imho for feckless runaway arseholes

queenofthepirates Tue 07-May-13 18:36:12

Yes, it's your money and you deserve it by the sounds of it. Use it to buy something nice for yourself or a babysitter once a month to have some time out.

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 07-May-13 19:30:41

He's probably quite keen not to go to court because now he won't get legal aid to help him and DV also gets taken into consideration with contact cases.

If he did go to court chances are he would get contact centre and if he's really that lazy he won't show up most of the time so would struggle to get it out of a centre.

If your broke £20 a month that does not get deducted from any benefits can mean you can buy food. And judges don't care if its paid or not as it is not taken in to consideration when deciding contact.

Pamelad18 Wed 08-May-13 09:18:42

Thanks. I've already been told by my solicitor that a contact centre won't entertain him as it's not seen as a long term solution & he's "too dangerous". I think he is getting legal aid as he started all of this in Dec when legal aid was still available (I on, the other hand am having to pay). I don't think the possibility of him getting a job anytime is a real one!
I just don't want him to think that if he's being made to pay that he may as well push to see her.

PearlyWhites Wed 08-May-13 09:19:39

It is £7.50 now

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 08-May-13 19:19:12

Is he dangerous due to domestic violence?

If so and your income allows you should still be able to get it. Its possible his solicitor may have closed his file due to no further action,I don't know but this could make a difference to him getting it if he has to reapply.

Pamelad18 Wed 08-May-13 20:57:58

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll see what my solicitor says next time I see her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now