Talk

Advanced search

Really feeling like a single parent today!

(9 Posts)
Willow89 Sat 04-May-13 21:43:17

Started potty training DS 2.7months today. All going well only had three accidents all day. But my god I am exhausted! Here all day just the two of us, with no one to relieve some of the pressure at all. Watching him like a hawk all day, not being able to leave the house all weekend even to get to the shops! It certainly is going to be a long weekend! No real point to this post just wanted a bit of a whine! Will all be worth it though if I can say goodbye to nappiessmile

PurpleThing Sat 04-May-13 22:51:43

Ahhh don't say that. I need to start with ds soon.

How are you doing it?

MissPricklePants Sat 04-May-13 22:56:01

Ahhhhhh I am so glad that I have passed that although my 3.11 dd still wee's herself all too often!!

Willow89 Sun 05-May-13 00:05:28

Purple thing I just went cold turkey, so to speak. Put pants on him this morning and just been sitting him on the potty all day long! We had lots of wees and even a poo in the potty am delighted with him, we will see how tomorrow goes! A lot of Mickey Mouse clubhouse has helped wink. I did say to a friend earlier though that this has been my most stressful time being a parent so far! Not sure if that's cause it's the first huge thing I've had to do alone though!
I'm wishing the weekend away! I should be in bed now but can't tear myself away from Netflix!

Runwayqueen Sun 05-May-13 02:03:36

Eeeeek! I have the delights of this from tuesday onwards.

Well done to your DS, I can only hope my 2.11 DD has the same positive results hmm

BouncyButterfly Sun 05-May-13 20:04:30

I found bribery giving rewards really helped get it ingrained within a few days (hunted out cheap action figures at car boot sales). Then gradually phased out the rewards/frequency, the more habitual toilet in was.
Op, it's hard being a sp but you are doing a sterling job

meglet Sun 05-May-13 20:09:28

I had cabin fever during potty training too, I fitted it in when I was off work over Xmas. Still a PITA constantly wiping drips and dashing about with the potty though.

Piemother Sun 05-May-13 20:24:08

It was hard going with dd1 but finally after about 6 months I reckon she's cracked it. The only thing that worked is still regular loo trips for a try. She's really good now though grin

Willow89 Sun 05-May-13 20:32:07

Thanks ladies glad to know I'm not alone in finding this so so stressful! Runwayqueen best of luck starting on Tuesday!
I've been using a sticker chart and he loves getting his sticker after using the potty, cheap and cheerfulsmile
Posted earlier in the potty training section, thought i was having a nervous breakdown , the cabin fever was getting to me i think. This afternoon though we seem to have made some progress, I'm very proud of my little mansmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now