Talk

Advanced search

The long weekend....

(5 Posts)
Chocoholic21 Fri 03-May-13 20:10:33

My DD (3) is going through a "difficult" phase at the moment, and to be completely honest I am dreading the long weekend! Today felt like a long day, but I am struggling at the thought if finding things to do all weekend. I hate going out at the weekends anyway as everywhere is so busy and everyone seems to be with their family, and there is just me and DD. So, what are you all up to....and I might borrow some of your plans smile

chocolatespiders Fri 03-May-13 22:08:09

I am dreading it to. DD was meant to be going to her dads but he did not show up for the 4th time in a row sad

I had grand plans to have a sort out in the house as I work all week and nothing gets touched blush

But now she will be at home I have to occupy her, I have found a mayday festival to go to tomorrow. We will go swimming on Sunday then probably to the park to play badminton or football. Monday we are borrowing a dog and going to the woods and might make some cakes in the morning.

Sorry probably not a great help> do you have a cineworld near you with kids club on Saturday morning as that will kill a few hours.

PurpleThing Sat 04-May-13 23:08:21

Ds is nearly 3 and ill so we have been pottering. Best bit was yesterday when I got the sandpit out (one of those underbed storage crates) and he picked every daisy, dandelion in the garden and planted it in the sand.

Today has largely been a strain. I've been inside the pop up tent napping while he brought me everything in the house. Being 'scared' of a spider made from pipe cleaners was also popular. Watched a bit of Up and helped me make meatballs (wouldn't recommend that, mince everywhere). Marble run, puzzles, books, youtube.

Tomorrow his dad should have him so I'm planning to build his new play kitchen. His birthday is not for 2 months actually but I want to get my money's worth and I'm hoping it will keep him occupied on Monday.

Chocoholic21 Sun 05-May-13 09:42:03

Thanks for the replies. Yesterday wasnt too bad....we went to the garden centre and got some tomato and strawberry plants and planet them and played in the garden.

Today I think we will go for a walk and probably end up at the park and then who knows tomorrow...!

It feels even longer as usually DD goes to pre-school on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, so in my head Tuesday has become part if the weekend which needs filling too!

Hope you're all enjoying the lovely weather though....I don't even dare think about how much longer it would feel if it was raining!

PurpleThing Sun 05-May-13 13:25:11

Weather is crap here grin. However, his dad has him right now so I can get on with making the place shipshape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now