Talk

Advanced search

how much telly for a 4 year old?

(5 Posts)
chrisyas Wed 10-Apr-13 21:34:13

my DD will turn 4 soon and I'm trying to really limit the tv to 20mins on weekdays. but on days she's sick, we go over the top. today was one of these days where I let her watch tv almost the whole day long. and I have a really bad conscience about it. I do it for us to get through the day as we can't get out the house. plus it gets really lonely, just the two of us. would you like to share your experiences?

exoticfruits Thu 11-Apr-13 07:33:42

If she is sick why not? I watch all sorts of rubbish if not well. As long as you snap out of it when she is better there is no harm. If you want to limit it the rest of the time just let her pick one programme a day- maybe it is longer than 20 mins.

Sirzy Thu 11-Apr-13 07:35:01

I don't see the problem with the odd tv day especially if she is poorly.

cestlavielife Thu 11-Apr-13 10:27:30

you are being too hard on yourself. if she sick and you cant get out the house what else are you going to do?

have her watch cbeebies with no adverts - she will learn a lot - or play her dvds like ABC ones etc.

my son learned letters and numbers from watching dvds like this one www.amazon.co.uk/Postman-Pat-Pats-ABC-Stories/dp/B00009PAX7

chrisyas Thu 11-Apr-13 18:09:49

thanks all for the replies. you are right, maybe I am worrying too much. but the days when DD is feeling poorly are really hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now