Talk

Advanced search

Lone parent house share Edinburgh?

(2 Posts)
HerrenaHarridan Fri 05-Apr-13 22:00:35

Hi all,

I have been thinking a lot recently about the prospect of a lone parent house share. There are lots of positives including company for the children, splitting costs of some bills.

I have lived communally before (not as a student) and have a fair idea of what would and wouldn't work for me. Lots of discussion and getting to know someone would have to happen before I would take the step of giving up the house I have BUT I have seen how beneficial it can be when it works.

So what do you think?

Could you?

Would you?

What ground rules would you need to discuss with the other adult?

For me the priorities are
A) agreeing a bracket of tidiness that we are both happy to live in, including a wall chart to sign off agreed communal jobs (which the kids can later get added on to!wink)

B) do we shop and eat together (not at all, for some meals, for every meal?) how does that relate to budget for shopping, use of cupboard space etc

C) influencing each others children, how do we deal with situations whereby I have said no to my child having/doing x but other child is allowed and is happily doing it I front of mine?

D) conflict resolution, a pre-agreed process to resolve and concerns that arrive before they become huge issues!

What would your criteria be or would you never consider it?

LAW1973 Mon 17-Apr-17 23:34:41

Did you find someone ? How did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now