Talk

Advanced search

Moving dilemma

(4 Posts)
theendishere Thu 04-Apr-13 14:09:26

I've just got divorced and the family home is being sold as part of settlement. I have a dilemma in where to live. In the town I am, where no issue getting the secondary school I want for ds(albeit in 4 years time!) but paying a lot more for a property and meaning I'll need to get another job asap, as well as my work from home job. Or move just across the border into a cheaper county (still close to his current school & friends, but less sure of a place of the secondary school. although he''' be in a feeder school, it's out of county, so goes further down the list). However a place across the border is about 15% cheaper and means I can just do the work ffrom home job for a couple for years bfore worrying about trying to find a school hours job.
Any thoughts?

RedHelenB Thu 04-Apr-13 19:29:07

I would go with the former I think.

Fleecyslippers Thu 04-Apr-13 20:37:15

The ability to work from home would be the absolute clincher for me - having to juggle childcare/sick kids as a working LP is one of the biggest stresses IMO.

HerrenaHarridan Thu 04-Apr-13 20:44:59

Latter no contest. If he doesn't get the school you want you can consider moving. He still has a chance.

If you can work from home and support yourself fine do that otherwise your creating a lot of unnecessary stress smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now