Advanced search

Wanting move please help us !!

(10 Posts)
HerrenaHarridan Sun 24-Feb-13 11:16:23

Fingers crossed for you op (why isn't there an emoticon for that?)

HerrenaHarridan Sun 24-Feb-13 11:15:41

Each to their own. Your priority on the housing list is basically nil if your already in an adequate council house.

I live in a private rent and I live in a much nicer house and area than I could ever dream of being offered by council.
Generally landlords don't want to turf you out in six months if your a good tenant as then they would have to find someone else or pay an agent to.
I have been living in private rent for 7 years and only ever left of my own accord.
Also if you want to move any distance ie different council they won't put you on the list unless you already live there

shellyf Sun 24-Feb-13 08:14:04

Let us know how it goes.

TheOneWithTheNameChange Sun 24-Feb-13 08:01:57


Good luck!

leaharrison11 Sat 23-Feb-13 23:56:20

Yeah i dont want to risk private rent as if the landlord gave us the boot id be in a very bad situation been offered a swap tonight tho to a teeny village as OP wants to move to town for work so hopefully a light at the end of the tunnelgrin

TheOneWithTheNameChange Sat 23-Feb-13 21:36:57

Herrera, that's a bad idea, because the op would then be adequately housed and low priority for housing. Not to mention giving up a stable tenancy and the costs of private rents.

Sorry, but there's no way I'd give up a secure tenancy for one where I could get turfed out for no reason with two months notice.

HerrenaHarridan Sat 23-Feb-13 21:30:43

If you can get together the cash for a deposit you could go private rent. You could move to the area you want and add your name to the waiting list for that area.

TheOneWithTheNameChange Sat 23-Feb-13 16:59:42 free to join if your housing association is a member. You can also re register on the council main list, but you might have to wait a very long time. There are other paid home swap sites, but they are mostly shite.

I'm on this path at the moment. Trying to move from one side of the country to the other so far less choice. Local ish swaps seem to be much easier.

You might get support with moving costs if eligible too .

Good luck!

Piemother Sat 23-Feb-13 16:55:01

Sounds like you need to check out if your council does a home swap service. Otherwise you need to contact all the housing associations near you and get on waiting lists. Good luck

leaharrison11 Sat 23-Feb-13 09:10:19

Hi im a lone parent, my DS is 14 months and i need to move from the area i am living , its a poverty housing estate and its not very nice here at all there was a murder on wednesday and all i keep thinking is how much i dont want DS raised in this area , you see three year olds riding on bikes in just there pants at 8pm at night always teens drinking around the shops and in streets and i need to get out.

Im in a council house at the moment and atm i have to stay a SAHM as DS needs one to one, this has been advised by portage worker!

Has anyone got any form of advice on how i get me and DS out of here, any advice welcome just want to get out of here , a swap isnt a option as iv no one wants to move to this area !

Please help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now