Advanced search

I Feel I am being reasonable

(5 Posts)
Shockedandhurt Sun 13-Jan-13 17:26:50

I have a 9 week old baby. Partner left me whilst pregnant. Father lives with mum and brother who smoke and take recreational drugs. The house is very messy and unclean. I do not want my baby to spend much time there and certainly not overnight. I have offered access in my home regularly and even let him stay over. This has not worked out and i want to find a new arrangement. Would a court make me give baby to him to take away or would supervised access be enough? Anyone with experience?

foolonthehill Sun 13-Jan-13 18:46:55

Your baby is too little to be away from you for any significant amount of time. No court will order it. 0845 4500 280 this is the contact information for the National Association of contact centres who run voluntarily staffed centres where non-resident parents can meet up with their children in a safe, suitable environment. they also have lots of information on family life when parents live apart.

foolonthehill Sun 13-Jan-13 18:50:21

You have done a lot on your own but I really think you need some good support on this

both these organisations offer good advice and support.

be kind to yourself and look after yourself and your child first and foremost, your exP is an adult and will need to work some stuff out for himself.

foolonthehill Sun 13-Jan-13 18:50:48

sorry links

Shockedandhurt Mon 14-Jan-13 00:49:51

Thank you i will check those out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now