Advanced search

has your ex attempted to claim your mine?!

(16 Posts)
yummymommy1 Mon 07-Jan-13 15:31:11

Recently, well, a month ago mine was
Suspended,as he put in a claim. Did has
Never even spent a night alone with him,
Its a control issue.
He doesn't need the money.
I don't know how he got the evidence but
I'm guessing he reg. Her at his doctors
Surgery maybe, as he has obtained
His own copy of the birth cert,
I had to submit evidence from doc &
Child under. Still waiting to hear..
Anyone else been thru this?

MakeItALarge Mon 07-Jan-13 16:46:01

He has tried to claim her child benefit?

Does he pay CSA or anything? Just wondering if theres any way you can prove youre the resident parent! Id be ringing to submit a formal complaint and passing the info along to your MP, that might get them to sort it!

PleaseLetsGoToSleep Mon 07-Jan-13 16:51:14

Christ that's low

yummymommy1 Mon 07-Jan-13 18:07:47

Yes its her child benefit.its a bit of an archaic system: if he makes a claim they have to treat it as a possiblity until they have seen all the idea what he has as evidence.meanwhile you have to live on £80 less a month thru no fault of your ridiculous is that?

yummymommy1 Mon 07-Jan-13 18:10:08

PS no he is paying no maintenance & currently has no bills
Due to where he is so has about double what I have to live on & all for himself! But no, he hasn't offered to help .I think he wants control back.

mumandboys123 Mon 07-Jan-13 18:12:34

he's attempting to avoid the CSA, I suspect. Very low.

MakeItALarge Mon 07-Jan-13 19:37:56

Do you have any contact with him still? Id be asking him what the hell he's playing at!

DoubleYew Mon 07-Jan-13 22:57:33

Don't know if it was also you op but I've read atleast one other thread like this recently.

I think its also a power thing too. I mean its only 20 quid a week. If you've got plenty of money (ie you're not raising a child singlehandedly) why is it worth chasing?

NicknameTaken Tue 08-Jan-13 12:27:30

Yes, my ex did that. Took the child benefit office more than six months to sort out - I had to get my local MP involved. It was nice getting the lump sum at the end though.

charlottekbl Tue 08-Jan-13 12:36:14

I have been through this also and have dealt with it for a number of clients as I am a family solicitor. Attempting to claim child benefit is often linked with an attempt to avoid CSA payments. Have you made a CSA claim?

SparklyGothKat Tue 08-Jan-13 13:04:38

It's not just cb tho. If he claimed cb he would get child tax credits too.

fluffygal Tue 08-Jan-13 13:10:05

My OH's ex claimed Tax credits for my SS's whilst we were for 18 months! She had run off and left them and hadn't seen them, it took tax credits 18 months to realise there was two claims going! She didn't try for the CB though, sounds like a nightmare. When tax credits realised, they sent us a questionnaire asking who bought their toothpaste, who put them to bed, who took them to school/ nursery, we filled it in and heard nothing back, payments to us were never affected. We do have a residency order though.

foslady Wed 09-Jan-13 21:38:49

Does he have a spare bedroom at his place and claim HB? The childs use of room can only go to the parent claiming Child benefit

mumfor4 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:29:06

my ex did, I had to send evidence of things I'd paid for (pre-school, childcare etc) and from what address the children are registered at for school, Dr's and dentist. Also sent off details of his contact time. After 10 months they decided I could have it, it was back paid and there was no appeal or reclaim allowed by ex. As long as our time stays the same he will not be able to claim CB, that is the one consolation for me.

I wrote letters to them and Community Legal Advice contacted them on my behalf but they were told the review takes time, and if its not done straight away it usually means they are reluctant to change it and they will do a thorough review. I hope you get it returned.

yummymommy1 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:21:16

Hi well sori have been offline,he has a second bedroom but is already fraudulently claiming for another child from a previous rel..long story! I have text & email contact but try to keep it minimal & practical.he has no contact with DD for various reasons .I sent off a doctors letter which cost £16 & a letter from the childminder,that was just before Xmas I haven't heard anything since.
its slower I think as all these ppl trying to sort childben changes since Monday.

yummymommy1 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:23:59

PS in haven't made a CSA claim , as he is on benefits it wouldn't be worth it !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now