Talk

Advanced search

Feeling really low, recent break up.

(6 Posts)
SingleMumma Tue 20-Nov-12 21:08:25

My situation: I have a 14 month old son who is the centre of my world.
I've had no contact with his biological father at all since the day I told him i was pregnant, he ran away (literally) no idea where he lives.
So Went through pregnancy, birth and the first 6 months completely alone except support from my parents. Then i met this guy who came in to our lives, long story short for seven months we have been together and he promised he would never leave us etc, well two weeks ago completely out of the blue he says he doesnt feel the same anymore, leaves me and two days later is sleeping with somebody else! As far as im aware they still are sleeping together. I'm utterly heartbroken, And i feel guilty about being down because of my son. I know he's not worth it and were definately not getting back together but i hurt soooooo much.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 20-Nov-12 21:19:33

Of course you hurt so much he offered you the world and then snatched it back,
It is all very raw currently and there is still quite a bit of crying still to be done. It will get better, keep getting up every morning and one day it won't be so hard.

SingleMumma Tue 20-Nov-12 21:39:30

i guess, it just hurts how he can move on so quickly.

cattitude Tue 20-Nov-12 22:07:02

You have been through the mill, you need time to grieve the death of something important in your life, thats normal. Try to stick to a routine, the busier the better, during the day so that a) you don't have time to think; b) you tire your son out; then c) you can get him to bed early so you have your evening to work through your emotions.

It is kind of treating yourself like a robot and its not easy or foolproof, but hopefully it will make the time you spend with your son less affected by what you're understandably going though.

SingleMumma Tue 20-Nov-12 22:20:26

that is very true, i hope tomorrow i feel better and i know one day it wont hurt so much smile thank you for support!

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 21-Nov-12 08:43:27

I also try to focus on all the good things about being alone - there are some. I can have exactly what I and DD want to eat, I can watch what I want to watch on the TV and not have to put up with being told it's mindless crap. I can go to bed when I want, read for as long as I want. So on and so forth.
It does hurt how they can move on so quickly, but that is a reflection on him not you.
Keep coming here keep talking about your frustrations as we all understand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now