Talk

Advanced search

I am going to say it now before it REALLY kicks in!!!!

(11 Posts)
foslady Sun 04-Nov-12 14:04:17

I HATE HATE HATE with a passion all the Christmas adds the the big stores put on. When you consider how many kids are with lone parents and they all seem to be smiley dad, smiley mum, smiley siblings, smiley grandparents.......and we have me and dd and grandparents who love and care, but not in the ridiculous world of adverts way. Just for ONCE, can't we have an advert with it being at child and parent together opening a present and smiling instead of the nuclear family that we don't and won't have???

(ok, I know I'm being unreasonable here, but last year it brought me to tears in the end)

chocolatespiders Sun 04-Nov-12 14:13:59

I feel the same, also at firework displays when surrounded by families and there is me and 2 dd's.. And when the fireworks start normally brings tears to my eyes with reflection..
Going to one tonight- Deep joy!!!

foslady Sun 04-Nov-12 14:18:26

Oh thank God it's not just me!!!!!!!
I keeps telling myself to get a grip, but then I think why should I?

LivesInJeans Sun 04-Nov-12 14:20:34

Ay

But pop along to relationships board and read a few of the threads there. At least we're free of the crap of a bad relationship. It's one step up in the hierarchy smile

(I went to bed alone last night very unhappy.... Think I have and will spend most of my life alone. My DC were in different places...sleepover and uni and I felt so alone. So I do get what you're saying btw)

foslady Sun 04-Nov-12 14:23:28

Oh I know - I've had so many crap Christmases it's a relief in one sense to know it's over.........and I'm another one that can't ever see me not being alone, too many trust issues........

Still hate the ads though!!!!grin

amarylisnightandday Sun 04-Nov-12 22:52:02

I just think of that cadburys ad from years back with the mum watching the boy play football. At the end he says 'thanks dad'.

I grew up with just my mum and it didn't bother me. My dd's will too. Fuck 2.4 children - we're doing just fine grin

LivesInJeans Sun 04-Nov-12 22:55:04

0.4 of a child is just wrong anyway
It should be 0.4 of a DP/DH
If that

InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Sun 04-Nov-12 22:55:56

God I hate this to, never mind you feel crap enough about it bam theres the smug adverts of a white middle class family or the token black guy.

LivesInJeans Sun 04-Nov-12 22:58:08

Your user name is truncated InNeedOfAPen..... in the I'm On list

I had to look in case it was InNeedOfAPenis grin

InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Sun 04-Nov-12 22:59:56

LOL hmm valentines nc idea!

LivesInJeans Sun 04-Nov-12 23:27:08

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now