Talk

Advanced search

child death and woman going to prison

(8 Posts)
Happylander Fri 02-Nov-12 21:53:24

I rarely watch the news so I am aware I probably don't have the whole picture however, I do find it strange when they are putting that woman away for not stopping the domestic violence towards her child by saying she should not have left him in that blokes care because he had been violent towards her. They have said this despite Judges all over the country granting unsupervised access to parents of kids who have been violent towards the mother of those kids. I am sure there are people on here whose ex's have been violent towards them and then they are forced into allowing contact between their kids and ex. Anyone's thoughts?

AllDirections Sat 03-Nov-12 09:04:20

I was thinking this last night when I read some of the other thread.

If she had been a middle class professional woman who left her child with her husband who had previously been abusive towards her and the outcome had been the same, would she have been sent to prison?

Of course she wouldn't!!

ProcrastinatingPanda Sat 03-Nov-12 09:06:04

It wasn't her husband though, it was her boyfriend who she had been with for 4 months was it not?

mellen Sat 03-Nov-12 09:08:09

Hadn't he been abusive to the child previously too? It wasn't something that had never happened before she left them for the last time.

Athendof Sat 03-Nov-12 09:11:46

Yes, she wouldn't, all the issue would be described as a sad family incident or something of the sort.

Habing said that... There where measures in place to keep the guy away of her considering how violent he was confirmed to be, the child was not his, but she choose to remove those measures to go back to him
and leave child under his care. She might be utterly inlove or utterly stupid but the judge is right, she failed to protect her child and put him in danger when the child of her were already being protected against him.

Athendof Sat 03-Nov-12 09:12:23

Habing? Good heavens! HaVing even

ProcrastinatingPanda Sat 03-Nov-12 09:21:11

Yes he had previously harmed the child, the day before his murder he had hurt him too, then the mother left him for long periods of time every day over 3 days. The boy was attacked so badly this time his liver split in two. She should have a sentence given to her. She allowed his death by leaving him with a man (not his father so there was no legal/moral obligations in place) who had hurt him before.

cestlavielife Sat 03-Nov-12 22:33:29

if the courts rule unsupervised contact and the child is killed then yes the courts will be blamed. sometimes they get it wrong.
#in this case it was the womans decision so yes she should be blamed. assuming she knew he ws violent (she did because he had been violent to her...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now