Talk

Advanced search

Its just hard.. does it ever get easier?

(3 Posts)
cheesestrung Tue 30-Oct-12 18:02:27

Ok, so exH came and picked up our son tonight and is probably going to spend time with his new gf. He makes me feel crap about it and i worry what he says about me. When i met, now ex partner, he made our lives hell. I havent with him and his new gf. I feel like i am so fair. Finding it hard as he behaves as a babysitter, not a dad :-( he is still very intimidating with me. I split with exP and I am just feeling low. I have a couple of hours now. Im feeling low that i will never meet anyone suitable. I would just like some hope.

Molepom Tue 30-Oct-12 20:13:19

How long have you been on your own?

It takes a long time to get any sort of confidence back for yourself. Until then you need to be kind and forgiving to yourself. Easier said than done I know.

I can't comment on the ex picking up the kids as I dont have that problem but I can tell you that it DOES get easier, a little bit at a time. You need to stop giving a shit about what he thinks which in turn stops you from letting him making you feel like crap.

DoubleYew Wed 31-Oct-12 09:22:45

Its normal to feel crappy about splitting from your exp but you do need to work on being happy on your own. And not giving a stuff about your exh except where the dcs are concerned. Its not easy, I'm trying to do this myself atm. Just remember there is a reason they are an ex, it wasn't working, quite possibly because he was a twat. Maybe you have some things you can work on to make you like yourself more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now