Talk

Advanced search

does this family court rollercoaster get any easier

(6 Posts)
addictedtolatte Tue 23-Oct-12 21:48:15

i was dumped by my partner of 16 years 20 months ago. he claims benefits to avoid paying maintanance but works on the side.he also has 2 houses tied up inprobate. he has a contact order to see ds and dd weds 3 hours then overnight friday weekly. he has not turned up for 10 weeks but i have been summoned back to court as he continues to lie and says i refuse contact. this gameplaying is getting me down i love my children to bits and want to do right by them. how long before the courts says enoughs enough.

Katkin13 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:53:19

Sadly, this is a question I often ask myself. If he doesn't want to see the children then why has he filed an application to the court?

peppapigpants Tue 23-Oct-12 22:05:51

I hope you are keeping records of all the dates/times the children were ready and he failed to turn up...if not, try to start a list covering the last ten weeks and keep it updated. If it can be corroborated by someone else, that might add weight too.

Chances are the court will see straight through him.

addictedtolatte Tue 23-Oct-12 22:08:33

the last 2 times he had his overnight contact11weeks ago he had to bring his 4 year old ds home without staying overnight as ds was distressed. i tried to resolve the issue with my ex but he refused to discuss it. i

addictedtolatte Tue 23-Oct-12 22:12:09

thanks peppa i am feeling optimistic. i live in a block of flats and am friends with the tenants who have wutnessed his non arrival. i just hope the courts will see through him.

zzzexhaustedzzz Sun 28-Oct-12 12:38:32

Do you have a CAFCASS worker yet? How old are your kids?
If he has no reasonable excuse for missing contact you should be highlighting the fact that his application is just to stress you out. Its not unheard of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now