Talk

Advanced search

opinons please!!

(4 Posts)
happygolucky0 Sun 21-Oct-12 16:26:17

I have a almost 15 year old son. Around 3 years ago I had enough of trying to make arrangements with his Dad to see him, but would never stop Ds seeing DD. I said they both have phones they can arrange it between them. His Dd was at home with us for around two years. I have always been chasing him as he would let DS down very often and not communicate why ect.
DS and I have taken presents at xmas to ex's GP where he lives.
a few days ago I get a letter from ex's GP saying she would rather we didnt bother her this year. The letter says that she tried to call DS 3 times and left messages to say thanks for presents last year and inviting him round.
I replied to the letter saying I dont know which number she called but Ds changed his no in april and I havnt had a land line. Ds says (unusual for him to lie) that he didnt have the messages.
During the 3 ish years ex has not bothered to communicate and Ds hasnt either.
I really feel for Ds. To me it reads ......the 14 yr old child hasn't been a grown up and kept contact so now we are cutting him from the family.
For me its for the best but for Ds I dont know. What do you think?

SoupDragon Sun 21-Oct-12 16:31:57

I think your DS needs to phone his grandparents and give them his new number and apologise for not having done so earlier.

Did you tell them his new number in April?

SoupDragon Sun 21-Oct-12 16:33:06

Don't blame you at all for letting the relationship with his father tale off naturally as he's not bothered to contact your DS - as long as you always ensure there is a way to keep in touch (ie give out new numbers as necessary) then that is your job done I feel.

happygolucky0 Sun 21-Oct-12 16:50:53

Soup Dragon, I did write his new number on the letter that i have just sent , I apologized for not thinking to tell them that he had a new number . Also that i thought son's dad would of been in touch with Ds through facebook as they are on each others account. We only live half a mile from them though!
Thanks for your reply!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now