Talk

Advanced search

Do men think we are stupid?!!!

(46 Posts)
Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 10:27:50

DP ended our relationship at the beginning of September, since then I have dsicovered through mutaual friends that he has been seeign someone else and this was happening while we were in our relationship( he didnt live with me and 6 yr old dd). He denied and I just left it, cant be bothered with the grief but he has been posting on a friends facebook page whoi also have on there so it came up on my wall and he has a picture of him and another girl dancing as his profile picture!!! I am not bothered by it as I am so better off without him but just cant believe how gullible men think us woman are!!!

Snorbs Fri 19-Oct-12 10:46:46

You are so not wrong.

Because everyone knows that all men behave exactly identically and none of them can possibly be trusted. Whereas women are completely trustworthy and never lie or behave badly. Ever.

Hey, wait a minute, sorry, I'm talking absolute bollocks. How about you?

WereTricksPotter Fri 19-Oct-12 10:51:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GetAllTheThings Fri 19-Oct-12 11:07:44

Do men think we are stupid?!!!

I think some women are stupid yes. And some men too.

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 12:44:26

Im not saying all men, just some!!!! Was just venting, I know there are decent ones out there. And yes getallthethings some women are stupid too!!!

Snorbs Fri 19-Oct-12 12:56:44

So in addition to having a sticky exclamation mark key, the keys on your keyboard for "s", "o", "m" and "e" are intermittent as well.

I'd replace your keyboard if I were you.

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:02:00

DO you know what Snorbs I went on here to have a vent because I thought people would be friendly and understanding that I needed to have an anonomous vent. I was typing in a hurry!!! If the people on here are as nasty and horrible as you I dont think I will both. No wonder I hear of people leaving this site if the people on it are like you ( I seriously hope they are not, and I suspect most are nice lovely people) but I cant be bothered with people like you!!

And thank you to getallthethings and WereTricksPotter for your replies and not slating me for having a bit of a rant.

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:02:29

And that should be bother!!!

sheepsgomeeping Fri 19-Oct-12 13:07:13

Don't be so bloody horrible snorbs, Yes the op has made a sweeping generalisation about men which she admits in the last post but she has had a bad experience with an idiot and is probably pissed off with the male species at the moment.

As for me, I'm struggling to believe there are any decent men (and I know some women are idiots as well) out there judging by my rl experiences, my rl friends experiences and from what I see on the boards here but I'm trying my hardest not to think that all men are knobs as I know they are not.

Its nearly always the women who pick up the pieces though isn't it...

(I'll stop now)

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:17:25

Thank you sheepsgomeeping, am glad I popped back to have a quick look now.
As you say it isnt all men although I will not be rushing into any relationships anytime soon. (My best friend who has been my best friend for the last 15 years is male so I know there are some nice ones out there).

As you also say, going from rl experiences of people I know it is often the women that pick up the pieces......

GetAllTheThings Fri 19-Oct-12 13:19:57

Foxy

The thing is that there are men on these boards ( me included ) and when we see sweeping generalizations about how crap men are it does tend to get our backs up.

sheepsgomeeping Fri 19-Oct-12 13:26:02

No worries Foxy, like you I'm not rushing into any relationship for a long time. Ive just come out of a bad relationship which lasted for 7 years and I'm emotionally worn out by it all.

My kids are my priority and I'm just going to concentrate on them and me for the time being.

Do keep posting though. Most of us are nice smile

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:27:30

Fair enough but this is a site where I am meant to be able to anonomously put statements that I am not going to be had a go at for.

And as you say some women are stupid too.

Besides you were not nasty in your post, you simply stated the above and I posted back replying that I agree with you. There are ways of posting without being nasty!!!

sheepsgomeeping Fri 19-Oct-12 13:29:45

snorbs was rude though and there was just no need was there?, op is new (ithink, correct me if I'm wrong)

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:30:03

I was with dd's dad for 8 yrs and like you dd is my priority.

Besides with dd, working, running a house, trying to get dd through statement process at school and doing a uni course I dont think i have time for anytihng else!!!

I also know most people are nice on here, just wasnt expecting the nastiness of some of the posts thats all.

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:31:19

Im not new but dont post often, am more of a lurker so could I guess be classed as newish.

And it was the rudeness of snorbs that shocked me I think.

sheepsgomeeping Fri 19-Oct-12 13:38:03

ha me too, Ive got 4 dc, eldest has adhd, I'm learning welsh at evening class and trying to sort out a house move and I'm too shattered to even think about anyone else.

(ex hates the fact I'm finally seen the light and given him the boot) He's one of these men that can't seperate the ex from the kids, so if he falls out with me he refuses to see his little girls

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:48:43

THat is interesting, you saying about your eldest havign ADHD, dd is in the process of being tested for it.

Havent got that problem with my ex, as he ended it- Mind you if I found out what i found out before he ended it I would have ended it, but he only sees dd when he is looking after her when I am working, he rarely says can i do something with dd at the weekend, despite him not working.

THat must be quite hard when he refuses to see your little girls but you sound like you have it all under contol.

Snorbs Fri 19-Oct-12 13:55:18

You made an offensive and sweeping generalisation about men. When you were then called on it, you claimed that you were only talking about some men but hadn't written that because you couldn't be bothered were in a hurry.

I don't agree that this is a place where you can post what you like regardless of how offensive you are but that you're "...not going to be had a go at for." Maybe I'm wrong. Feel free to report my posts if you feel I've crossed a line.

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:03:12

The mistakes were because i was in a hurry. Im not reporting anyone simply stating that the whole point of these places is so we can all post things anonomously, you could easily have put your point to me across in a less offensive way that is all.

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:04:13

At the end of the day i have learnt my lesson and shall be very careful about what I post from now on.

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:05:01

If I thought i was going to offend someone then i would never have posted as that isnt me but there we go.

wibblywobbler Fri 19-Oct-12 14:18:03

you were letting off steam. Some people will find offense if they want to, that's their lookout. If they say they have never made a generalisation when angry they're liars

Foxy800 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:29:53

Thank you wibblywobbler,

I am certainly not saying I expect everyone to agree with what I put but I as you say was letting off steam, better on here anonomously than in rl where it could be worse, I just wasnt expecting the nastiness of snorb, they could easily have said what they said without being nasty and without being nasty about my typing!

Again thank you to everyone who hasnt been nasty on here.

sheepsgomeeping Fri 19-Oct-12 14:50:15

Having a bad day are we snorbs?

It was the WAY you had a go at Foxy not what you said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now