Talk

Advanced search

What would he do if I dies, fgs!

(13 Posts)
colditz Mon 15-Oct-12 09:32:23

Ds1 is poorly, nothing serious, just a cold, and he was supposed to be picked up from school by his dad today. So I rang his dad and asked what he wanted to do re contact.

"Well he can't come here if he's ill"

Obviously children are like toys, we don't play with them if they're broken <<fume>>

FarelyKnuts Mon 15-Oct-12 09:34:08

Lovely! Am guessing he's an ex for good reason then.

colditz Mon 15-Oct-12 09:38:25

Well, he's an ex because he was a shit to me. But all the talk about him still wanting to do "all the normal things" is just talk. He doesn't want to do normal things, he doesn't want to do anything, I'm really disappointed!

It's not even that I have lost a night off because I haven't. Ds2 doesn't like going so often doesn't, and wasn't going tonight. I'm gutted that my son is so easily dumped by this prick.

I am going to tell him that I think it's best he stays with me because he's poorly, and luckily he's gullible, but I know the truth and I'm really fucking angry.

pumpkinsweetie Mon 15-Oct-12 09:40:17

Bloody hell what a tosser!!!
shock

colditz Mon 15-Oct-12 10:09:20

I know, but this is just one thing in a long listof tossery things and I am getting really quite numb to it.

madelineashton Mon 15-Oct-12 11:57:31

God what an arse. I have to say though, why did you ask him what he wanted to do? I had to take quite a hard line with my ex and never give him the option to shirk his responsibilities.
I have been known to ignore his call when this happened to us. I felt pretty guilty that DD was with someone who ultimately didn't want to be caring for her when ill but because he coped, after that he was much better at it and now she quite likes being with Daddy when she's ill and he gives her lots of sweets as oppossed to mummy who makes her some grim healthy soup grin

purpleroses Mon 15-Oct-12 12:14:50

That's crap - though with hindsight you might have been better saying "DS is ill, so you can pick him up from me rather than school, OK" and making it clear you expected him to have him as agreed (and alter his plans for what he does with DS as needs be) rather than asking "what do you want to do?" which wasn't a choice you really wanted to give him, was it? My ex would probably prefer not to have them when they're ill, but I don't usually offer him the choice (as often need him to have them so I can work).

colditz Mon 15-Oct-12 12:25:37

I give him the choice because if he has them when he doesn't want them, he's shit. He's not actively nasty to them, he neglects them. I won't allow him to have them more than one overnight, and they have the choice over whether or not to go. A few weeks ago we were in crisis with contact because him and his girlfriend had been rowing in earshot of the kids, and both kids were very uneasy - upshot is that they didn't go for two weeks.

Contact has to be fairly infrequent or he loses interest in them while they are there, because he is a useless, selfish, feckless cunt.

madelineashton Mon 15-Oct-12 12:34:20

Oh.

DoubleYew Mon 15-Oct-12 15:11:17

That is crap for you and your dcs.

I also really really hope I don't die (more than usual). Ds life would be shit if it was all down to his dad.

TheJiminyConjecture Mon 15-Oct-12 16:08:43

What a tosser. Upside is at least they have you. Hope DS1 feels better soon and doesn't spread it to the rest of you!

corlan Mon 15-Oct-12 17:12:08

You get a similar problem when they're ill themselves and phone up and say they can't have their kids because they don't feel up to it.

I always want to scream down the phone - 'That's f****g nice for you! Who am I supposed to call in sick to when I don't feel up to looking after my own kids?!!!'

I don't though. ( I feel sure I will receive a sainthood when I'm gone)

colditz Mon 15-Oct-12 17:15:09

I've had it for five years.

I wish my children had more than one parent. Currently they have me, and they have Uncle Fucking Daddy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now