Talk

Advanced search

It's so hard

(10 Posts)
zonedout Fri 12-Oct-12 21:31:14

Especially when both dc are ill.

I find lone parenting extremely tough at the best of times. This afternoon I collected ds1 from school with a raging fever. He is currently asleep in a pool of sweat and I am worried. Within the last half an hour my very asthmatic ds2 has started what sounds like an asthma attack with a side of croup. sad

It's so tough doing this alone. I am so tired from the day to day relentlessness of it all and now both my babies are poorly I feel I may just collapse.

MissPricklePants Fri 12-Oct-12 21:32:57

I get what you are saying! I have one dd who is ill and its hard enough at times getting through everyday stuff without adding illness into the mix! Hope your dc's are better soon.

zonedout Fri 12-Oct-12 21:38:29

Thank you. Hope your dd feels better quickly too. I feel better for a bit of solidarity so thank you for replying smile

MissPricklePants Fri 12-Oct-12 21:49:56

Your welcome! Lone parenting can be damn hard work! I hope dd is better soon, she is a demanding child at the best of times!

MissPricklePants Fri 12-Oct-12 21:50:45

You're not Your <pedant>

MagicHouse Sat 13-Oct-12 01:15:13

Hope they are both ok and feeling better.
Having both children ill at the same time really is the toughest, most exhausting bit about being a lone parent. But thankfully times like these are usually short-lived. Grit your teeth. It will pass. Do you have friends you know you can rely on in an emergency - I found it a godsend to be able to call a good friend in the middle of one particular night when my son was very ill.
When you get through a tough time, I find it begins to help build that feeling of pride that you are supporting your children and creating a safe home for them all by yourself, and that you all become even closer for it.
Try to make sure you get a break though and build up a network of friends around you for support.

noraa Sat 13-Oct-12 16:35:52

sad i hope your children will get better soon zonedout.

zonedout Sat 13-Oct-12 21:10:14

Thank you smile

HappyTurquoise Sat 13-Oct-12 22:01:57

Hope things are better for you today zonedout, and you and your DCs have had some rest (and DCs seen a doctor, if needed.) brew

zonedout Tue 16-Oct-12 23:22:24

Thank you. All ok again... For now!

Thanks for the support, was feeling a bit frazzled by it all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now