Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How will this ever change

(4 Posts)
beaconhouse Sun 07-Oct-12 20:04:45

Ok, so being on your own with three children has it's advantages. I get to do what I like with them. I can relax without the arguments marriage brings, I can leave the washing up until the next day, I am honestly thankful that I have three amazing boys who do drive me up the wall but wouldn't be without which I know a lot of us feel.
I have make an effort to ask other mothers round ( just moved to new area) and they have responded. I have tried Internet dating with the normal good/bad response. But the end result is the same. Still feel bloody alone. Thought today that if anything happened to me at home today I would prob be all green and bloated before anyone noticed I wasn't around.... Sort of makes you feel alone. So my question to other single mums is how do you do it? How do you not collapse into tears at the end of the day. Everyone says I am so calm and cheerful , that's such rubbish. No idea how will make it through tonight let alone tomorrow. . Just want someone to say will be ok in the end..... Forgive my indulgent fall into the pits of self pity. Just want to know how to make it better and not feel like this.

FannyBazaar Sun 07-Oct-12 20:45:32

I am reasonably happy but would love to find a partner, this is the one thing missing from my life. Unfortunately the logistics of arranging babysitters to be able to go out and meet anyone make it so complicated I don't know how I'll ever achieve it.

I was devastated over the summer when I thought I'd met the man for me, only to be dumped without warning. Not only was it a bit of a shock but it felt like I had wasted so many hours of my precious child free time only to get absolutely nowhere. I felt pretty low about that but keeping busy with friends and going away did help.

I spend my evenings on the internet catching up with friends.

SPsFanjoLovesItGangnamStyle Sun 07-Oct-12 20:50:21

I do have nights where I just want to cry once my son is in bed or when he is at his dads. All my friends have partners so I only hear from them if their partner is out or watching football.

I have currently started seeing someone but only once a week roughly and that's what I look forward to. Adult company once a week is my high light in life.

I'm 22 and all my friends are only starting to have children now or are all going out. I have a toddler.

I wasted many nights on dickheads and I think I only put up with them so I wasn't lonely. Once I stopped that this new fella appeared and he's great.

It does get better. I hope

beaconhouse Sun 07-Oct-12 20:52:15

Poor you. That's pretty rough. Sorry you felt you had invested so much time for nothing.... That said nothing is wasted you know, you prob have learnt stuff and grown as a person that means that maybe next time you meet someone it will be different. Fingers crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now