Talk

Advanced search

Notification of a visit from Customer Compliance Officer

(4 Posts)
malvern200 Sat 06-Oct-12 19:35:49

I've had a letter saying I'm getting a visit from a Compliance Officer to "discuss the benefit we are currently paying you". I've had a thorough search online and unlike the majority of cases I've come across my letter doesn't make any reference to there being any query arising concerning my claim, it just says they need to make sure my payments are correct. But it does then say that "where there is doubt about the whether the conditions for entitlement are met, we can suspend payment"! Has any other single mum had a letter like this? I've been on benefit for exactly a year and am due to come off it completely in the next fortnight. Worried!

TodaysAGoodDay Sat 06-Oct-12 19:49:38

I got one of those once. It may just be simple, because your benefit is ending in a couple of weeks.

With me, I was on I.S. and they came to visit me 'concerning my claim' and I'd done nothing wrong, they were just checking up. It is more normal for you to go to the Jobcentre, can you give them a ring about it from the local Jobcentre where it will be free to call? Yes, I know, you will probably be on the phone for hours, but it may put your mind at rest.

malvern200 Sat 06-Oct-12 19:56:37

Yes, I was going to call the Jobcentre on Monday (why do these horrible matters always plop on your doormat on a Saturday morning??!) as the lady I see every fortnight is lovely and I thought she might be able to help - she certainly gave no indication anything was amiss when I saw her a few days ago. The fact they state they're comiing here is quite disconcerting. I'm stopping benefit as I've managed to cobble together an extra 8 hours/week of self employed work - they already know about the current 8 I do as an employee, and my savings, so I really can't think what it can be about!

TodaysAGoodDay Sat 06-Oct-12 20:01:36

If you're being honest, there's nothing to worry about. Yes, mine turned up on a Friday afternoon, and I couldn't get through from home until Monday. It does make you worry a lot, and it's generally about nothing. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now