Talk

Advanced search

Do your kids see their Dad?

(10 Posts)
Claire2009 Fri 05-Oct-12 21:30:30

Do your kids see their Dad? If so, how often?

Ds is 5 & dd is 6, their dad sees them 2-3 times a year

OptimisticPessimist Fri 05-Oct-12 21:37:52

No. He moved away last year and hasn't seen them since, his choice. They speak to him on the phone once a week, the frequency of that was also his choice.

Claire2009 Fri 05-Oct-12 21:44:12

Same here op, once a week on the phone which only dd will speak (ds is asd and doesnt like speaking on the phone) the access is his decision too, ive never stopped him.

Claire2009 Fri 05-Oct-12 21:44:42

Same here op, once a week on the phone which only dd will speak (ds is asd and doesnt like speaking on the phone) the access is his decision too, ive never stopped him.

Claire2009 Fri 05-Oct-12 21:45:07

Bloody phone repeating posts

OptimisticPessimist Fri 05-Oct-12 21:47:45

Mine are the opposite, DS1 has Asperger's and never shuts up so I have to give him a time limit lol! DS2 and DD don't really have much to say to him, but they barely know who he is tbh.

Meglet Fri 05-Oct-12 21:53:01

No, it stopped 3yrs ago when DS was 2.7 and DD was 9mo. XP turned into a horrible piece of work so I put my foot down and said he could only see them at a contact centre, he refused to go so we don't have to put up with him anymore. I just pray he doesn't appear until they are in their 20's and they grow up safely.

Claire2009 Fri 05-Oct-12 22:21:22

Op, isnt it funny how they're all different! Lol. Ds wont talk but has to say bye before dd hangs up else its major meltdown!! Dd only really talks to him about our dog, cat and his budgie! She lasts no more than ten mins each time.

Meglet, xp was a nasty asshole too, dv for 5yrs, left when dd was 2 & ds was 10mo. i went down the whole supervised access, he got two hours a fortnight, he kept that up for about a year when i said he could begin to have them more. We were sharing the school holidays which was going well but he gave up a couple of years ago and contact is very little now. Tbh i think if dd didnt call him he wouldnt bother, though surprisingly he pays maintenance at £160 p/m which i text and remind him for.....

Meglet Sat 06-Oct-12 13:25:09

claire yes, I get maintenance too, via the CSA. TBH XP thought that a man was only there to provide the money and therefore could behave exactly how he liked and have bugger all to do with his children.

My DCs Dad see's them every weekend (overnight), and then overnight once during the week. It's a weird arrangement involving school runs/being at my house to get them ready whilst I leave for work, but it works surprisingly well. They are 2 & 4.

I think I've had an amazingly easy break-up, so for now I'm feeling pretty positive about the whole thing.

I do try and send him DD's crazy pictures from school, DS's scary pictures from nursery and copies of all mail from school/nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now