Talk

Advanced search

7 month old refuses to sleep in cot

(6 Posts)
elmo12x Fri 05-Oct-12 07:55:11

My DD is 7 months and has never slept in her cot I've tried everything from stroking her forehead until she drifts off, waiting until shes asleep and transfering her ect. She just screams until she vommits. She nurses constanly through the night yet if she stays at my mum's she doesn't wake for a feed any ideas?
Very tired mumma

queenofthepirates Fri 05-Oct-12 12:05:31

Yes, this book here http://www.babysleepguide.co.uk/author.html

I'm a single mum, read this on the advice of the HV and have an 18mo who sleep s from 5.30pm-7.30am every day. It worked for us and it might work for you.

Best of luck x

elmo12x Fri 05-Oct-12 13:46:29

Thanks how long has your little one been sleeping through?

FannyBazaar Fri 05-Oct-12 21:10:16

Does she need to sleep in her cot? My DS never had a cot, it isn't something that is necessary if it doesn't work or you don't want to use it. Maybe you need to look at what is the best solution for you both and if you can sleep with her without a battle and get more sleep, then chose that way.

SirBoobAlot Fri 05-Oct-12 21:13:29

Don't leave her to cry until she vomits sad

She's very young, a lot of children are not ready to sleep alone, never mind get themselves to sleep, at seven months. Think you need to lower your expectations - and I say that very gently, because I remember how tiring it is. But we have very unrealistic perceptions of what babies should be doing nowadays.

Co-sleep?

elmo12x Sat 06-Oct-12 09:42:15

Shes co slept with me for all 7 mo bar 1 week, shes starting to crawl and bum shuffle which worries me as I'm a heavy sleeper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now