Talk

Advanced search

CSA what do you think is the most likely explanation

(5 Posts)
balia Fri 28-Sep-12 18:25:56

DD turned 18 this week - and there is no CSA payment from ex. Haven't heard anything from CSA - is it more likely that he has just decided for himself that he doesn't have to pay due to her age (I'm sure he does, she is in college full time), or could there have been some kind of mistake? Do I just phone them?

OptimisticPessimist Fri 28-Sep-12 18:51:50

If she's still in college then yes, he has to pay until she's 19 (basically as long as she's eligible for child benefit). I would phone them and find out. Could also be that there's been a delay in the money coming from them to you iyswim, I've had this a few times with varying excuses explanations from them.

balia Fri 28-Sep-12 19:33:08

Have rung, got a lovely woman - apparently he told them he had cancelled the direct debit 'in error' in July but has refused to make an alternative payment saying DD has started Uni. She hasn't, and what's more he knows she hasn't. They've asked me to see if I can get hold of contact details for him so they can chase him up.

TheWishaTree Fri 28-Sep-12 20:26:48

Do you have his contactd etails? Why don't they already have them all? So much worry! I hope you get it sorted out soon.

balia Fri 28-Sep-12 21:00:08

No, I don't - he got divorced again recently and moved, I don't know where or have a number for him. But his neice is still in contact with me (she used to live with us for a while when we were together) and will get me them if I ask. The CSA lady seemed to think the details she had weren't up to date.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now