Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend private detective agency in Cardiff?

(6 Posts)
curlyboymum Wed 19-Sep-12 20:22:04

Having huge hassles with abusive ex husband who's just been awarded unsupervised contact with ds. Scared stiff of what might happen, also risk of abduction. Plus am sure he's working but only get £5 /week CSA as he swears he's on benefits. I really need a good private detective to follow him and let me know what he's up to; also to keep ds safe. Am in Cardiff and would prefer to go to a PI who's recommended. Thanks in advance if you can help, as worried sick.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Thu 20-Sep-12 14:25:16

Do you really need a PI? Can you not just put a tracker on his car if you want to know where he goes? I understand these cost £300-£400. Whereas a PI will want this everyday!

Why are you worried sick? And why do you think your son isn't safe with his father?

seaofyou Thu 20-Sep-12 19:55:01

If you go onto MN local and 'Cardiff' someone might be able to help you?

Try google and guntree Cardiff

When I got one I went on gut instinct as didnt know anyone in area as another country. They have a professional body they should be a member of too so look for that on their website if they have one.

Good luck your situation sounds scary? Has he hurt your dc before? Is their history of DV? Does ex live abroad or could go abroad with ds? Has ex threatened to do this?

Have you gone through a solicitor or CAFCAS?

curlyboymum Thu 20-Sep-12 21:31:40

Thanks for the advice.
Sorry I didn't really make situation that clear. Ex is from Middle East and risk of abduction is very real. He assaulted me whilst I was pregnant, and has a conviction. I need to know what he is doing when he has contact with ds and also to ensure he doesn't go off with him and not bring him back. I thought a PI might help, but you're right that it would be way too expensive. I have good solicitor, and CAFCASS Officer was actually not bad. She recommended using a contact centre, and I agreed, but it went to court and judge totally ignored the CAFCASS report. He thought ex seemed a great dad and gave him unsupervised contact. I'm at the end of my tether and not sure how to keep ds safe.

cestlavielife Fri 21-Sep-12 00:00:10

How old is ds ? can he tell you what goes on dial 999 etc

seaofyou Fri 21-Sep-12 19:13:06

Has your ex threatened you he will abduct ds infront of a witness you can ask to clarify this? Does he just say it to you on your own? You may need spy camera to catch him saying it. You will need evidence. Ask you solicitor about if you did this would you be in trouble filming ex without prewarning him though! But then he would not say it.

I really do feel for you this is awfulsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now