Talk

Advanced search

Income support rejected

(3 Posts)
hastingsmum Thu 20-Oct-11 18:21:11

I hope this is the right place. My husband moved out a couple of months back and I had to apply for income support and council and housing benefit.

I had to fill in a "habitual resident" form because I'm originally Swedish and now it has come back denied because they don't count my as a resident...

I am soo annoyed and frustrated. I have lived here for over 12 years, have 3 children and am married here. I worked up until I had children and I have never claimed any benefits here before.
Can they really choose to not believe that I live here? And what can I do? I know I have to appeal but this all takes so long and my rent is due in a week.....

Help please.

caramelwaffle Thu 20-Oct-11 19:31:45

You may get more help if you repost this in the Legal section. Good luck with everything.

NomNomNom Fri 21-Oct-11 20:17:06

Well, from what you've said here it doesn't seem right. Did you fill in the form for the hab. res. test? I got it after the jobcentre interview and had to send it back. Definitely appeal. (You are planning on staying here aren't you? Because if you told them you're going back to Sweden then you're obviously not a habitual resident!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now