Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone gone on holiday with Single With Kids?

(9 Posts)
undercoverwizard Sun 09-Oct-11 17:06:46

I have seen a holiday that I really like the look of with this company and was wondering if anyone has any experience of them? I have used Mango before so am happy with the idea of single parent holidays and don't mind paying the extra for the service. Just want to know if anyone had had any first hand experience.

FagAshLill Mon 10-Oct-11 08:02:39

Paying extra for what service?

TheConstantGardener Mon 10-Oct-11 15:08:33

Hi, I am considering a holiday like this so am interested to hear any views.

girliefriend Tue 11-Oct-11 20:25:31

hello yes I have!!

Have done the preschoolers fun on the farm holiday - it was good, dd loved it but I struggled as it was quite cold!!!

Also done the new forest at easter one and loved it, the cabins were fab, lovely part of the country and good facilities (swimming pool, evening entertainment for the kids)

The only risk with these holidays is it is a gamble who you will end up sharing with so far I have been very lucky and not had any problems. Infact it has been a good way to meet other single mums and lovely for the children to make new friends.

AllDirections Tue 11-Oct-11 22:30:57

I went to Crete in August with my 3 girls and we all had a fab time. Wonderful group of single parents including mums and dads.

I've also been on a couple of the UK breaks and enjoyed every one.

Booked on two more trips for this year smile

gillybean2 Wed 12-Oct-11 10:44:34

I have been away with both companys.

Mango - I very much enjoyed and so has ds - have been away with them several times over the past 3 years (including this year) and are booked to go again in November. Last place we went with them the hotel was naff, but we had a good time despite this. The group we were with was great and at least 3 of the other families we went with are coming away with us gain in November for the Xmas party.

SWK - ds enjoyed it, me less so. I didn't enjoy sharing a cabin, particularly the shared bathroom aspect. I also found it to be a very differnet kind of group as well and I didn't gel with them really. I wouldn't rule out going with them again, but it would have to be our own room & bathroom if we did. The accomodation was good as was the place we stayed at.

If you are sharing on the holiday you're going on I suggest you check the numbers you are sharing with. I asked if I could pay for the whole room on a different holiday I looked at with them so we didn't have to share - thinking it was like 4 people to a room. Turns out it was more like 12 or 16 in a room!
Their foreign holidays are less likely to be shared accomodation apparently, but we went to France and were sharing...

bigeyes Wed 12-Oct-11 10:53:14

Yes I did it was superb, I shard a log cabin on Cornwall with three other mums, two of which I got on ace with. The organisers are relaxed and held a welcome party and a Halloween party for the kids.

The best thing was DS (an only) had other kids to play with, I had other mums to drink wine with! - When the kids went to bed we all went in the hot-tub and other people from other cabins called by.

I was really sad to leave, wished Id booked for the week. Visits were organised as convoys, opt in or out. I stuck with group and saw some lvoely little places.

Subsequently I got back with my DH, but it was a real boost for me being woth other parents in the same boat at the time. I would definately have gone again to lots more stuff if we hadnt got back together.

bigeyes Wed 12-Oct-11 10:56:22

I should add, I booked the room with own tv and bathroom so I knew if people weren't grt I could have my own space. With SWK you can chat to people on the forum and get to know them, I think they all on facebook too.

spongefingeranyone Thu 13-Oct-11 15:39:21

I haven't been away with them yet, but have already booked the Pre-Schoolers Farm trip for May 2012. Will be DS's first holiday and mine since he was born so really looking forward to it. Planning on trying a few of the camping ones too next year. Glad to hear some good MN reports.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now