Advanced search

really need help / advice, where to get it?

(3 Posts)
feelingsik Thu 06-Oct-11 18:45:32

Single parent, jobless since May
- My dc goes to school very (very!) far from home and the school does not offer after school clubs. The nearby centres do not have space for my dc there is a long waiting list. So take away 2 hours a day for school run to and from (madness)
- I have not been able to find a job that I can do between 9.30 and 2.30 (no surprise there tbh)
- My landlord has asked me to leave my cheap studio flat (admittedly it was too small for us) and I had to get another flat, far too expensive and does not even have a second bedroom (so no chance to subletting even if I was to sleep with dc)
- I applied for benefits back in June and to this date I have received NIL, my claim for IS has been rejected, I have applied now for JSA, which I suspect I will not get.
I had some saving but they running out very fast and I am panicking.
Where can I turn to for help? Please do not suggest CAB, I have already tried
I had to omit some details in this post but if anyone needs more back history I am happy to answer pm

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Thu 06-Oct-11 18:47:50

Have you had a look at the entitled to website? You can put in all your details and it can tell you if you are eligible to claim housing benefit, council tax benefit, child tax credits etc.

feelingsik Fri 07-Oct-11 14:14:49

I have SCS I have
I need advice for special circumstances, there must be some exceptions

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: