Talk

Advanced search

General chat for LP thread..

(12 Posts)

Hello, I thought I would start a thread to say hello to fellow LP's. I've used this topic a lot(in a different name)just to moan or rant so thought a happy relaxed thread couldn't go a miss.

I'm MysteryToyBlockedTheToilet, come and share the wine

Cringe....no one at all??

YoFluffy Wed 28-Sep-11 22:50:36

I'm not sure how many people are on here at the same time Mystery, sometimes a thread can be up for a long time before it gets lots of responses. Don't take it personally.

GreenMonkies Thu 29-Sep-11 00:11:03

I should be asleep, but hi all the same. I'm Greenmonkies, and I've been a lone parent in spirit for the last few years, and in reality for the last 6 months. Whilst my ex still manages to piss me off til I want to scream I am also far happier now than I was 12 months ago. smile

ChildofIsis Thu 29-Sep-11 05:54:30

Hi, I'm new to the club.
I too have been a lone parent in spirit for sometime but in reality it's been less than 4 weeks.
It's not something I'm familiar with and it's taking a bit of getting used to.
Xh is actually being a better dad as he'd no longer avoiding me due to his lies and double life.
I live in hope that one day I will say thank f**k he left!

FagAshLill Thu 29-Sep-11 07:45:08

Hello,

I'll have a chat too, although I dont think I would say anything helpful.

Oh the relief!!!

I cant say much helpful either, its usually pointless gibberish but still, worth a go!

I thought this would have more traffic, mainly because as LP's most of us are in every eve and tv is pants lately!!

So has anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend? I'm currently bricking it as i have my driving test tomorrow, then sat is my first night out in 5 months so shall be either celebrating or drowning my sorrows. We shall see!

FagAshLill Thu 29-Sep-11 20:05:51

Oooh, good luck with the test tomorrow.

This weekend? I will probably be, shouting at the walls because they cant hold a shelf up (got a few B plans so I'm not panicking yet), getting a few parcels delivered and may go to a match or the cinema. Sunday, meeting a mate from college and we are all going on a picnic and taking the dogs and kids with us.

Looking forward to it if the weather holds.

GreenMonkies Fri 30-Sep-11 00:09:50

Hmm, this weekend? I'm working on Saturday, only 8-3, so not late, and then out for tea with my friend and our kids. (she's a single mum too, we each have 2 kids, they aren't "our" kids. IYSWIM?)

Then chill out Sunday, wash school uniforms, that kinda stuff.

Whilst mumsnetting, tweeting and playo g Monster Island. And crocheting. And baking.

Rock'n'Roll baby! grin

GreenMonkies Fri 30-Sep-11 00:11:37

And yes, isn't tv shit at the moment? If you don't like X-Craptor or soaps you're buggered. Can't wait for theft Game of Thrones series...

ChildofIsis Fri 30-Sep-11 05:51:41

Good luck with the driving test, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm looking forward to a night out on the 8th, even got xh sitting!
Mind you I've not had much of a social life since havingg DD (5) so it's his turn to stay in.

I've just joined a dating website, don't want a 'relationship' just a bit of fun at some point in the future.
It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

blackeyedsusan Fri 30-Sep-11 12:14:19

same old, same old for the weekend. need to conquer everest... not sure why someone made it out of (clean) laundry and dumped it in dd's room though!

got to go mining for treasure.... under the toys on the living room floor. sure there is a carpet down there somewhere.

and I ought to tackle the backlog of washing up... before it all turns in to a science experiment.

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now