Talk

Advanced search

Does your ex contribute to stocking fillers or do a separate one?

(3 Posts)
LeoTheLateBloomer Mon 26-Sep-11 14:54:51

I know this might sound petty, but when money is tight it really does make a difference.

It occurred to me this morning that I'm buying the odd stocking filler for DD each time I go shopping. I've also bought her a main present from me and one from the dog (as is traditional in my family). Should I be asking my ex to help out with the stocking fillers? I know he might want to do his own and just tell DD that Father Christmas visited his house as well, or he might actually want to buy bits to go in the stocking I give her.

What do other people do?

Rhymenoseros Mon 26-Sep-11 16:07:19

Hi Leo, i love the idea of a present from the dog!

My ex does presents totally separately and has never done a stocking for our DC's- possibly because he is a narc and doesn't want father christmas to get the credit!
i think you should ask your ex to help with stocking fillers-they may not have even thought about it yet

MeMySonAndI Thu 29-Sep-11 22:12:58

No, you shouldn't ask him to contribute as, surely, he will be getting presents for her to open when she is at his house.

If you are in very good terms you can agree on getting a single expensive big toy from Santa together, but for stocking fillers... no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now