Talk

Advanced search

Little things.....

(9 Posts)
Fairyloo Fri 23-Sep-11 08:45:47

Hi,

Not sure if this is right place. Just wondering what little things you do with dc to brighten up your and their day. Not talking about the usual, just looking for different ideas.

We sometimes as a treat instead of rushing round having breakfast at home. We go a lovely cafe and have nice breakfast.

We have picnic on floor in living room with all picnic stuff

Not sure what else, what do you guys do cheaply!!!

gillybean2 Fri 23-Sep-11 10:37:09

I take ds to a park other than our local one. There are several round and about, some he really likes.

Also we have a youth club in the next village which only cost £1 and then extra for sweets or drinks. He can play computer games there and meet other children.

This site is great for craft ideas. ds loved making stuff when he was younger. They have a whole section of free colouring pages to print.

We also have pizza and dvd night. Buy a cheap pizza to cook at home, we each choose a dvd to watch and then have popcorn for pudding!

Lemonylemon Fri 23-Sep-11 14:18:59

After dinner on a Sunday evening, we watch a film on my bed and munch a bowl of popcorn. We also have pizza and dvd "cinema" nights. We sometimes go for a walk in the woods on a Sunday morning when it's fairly quiet.

anothermum92 Fri 23-Sep-11 20:14:35

Message withdrawn

Tewkespeggy Fri 23-Sep-11 20:30:36

we are lucky enough to live by National Trust land.... we go crabbing, blackberry picking, bird watching. we are so lucky

100emotionsin1day Fri 23-Sep-11 20:36:47

We also do pizza and film night, most Fridays - the kids love it, and I like the break from always trying to make sure they eat healthily and don't watch too much TV wink.

I take them to a lovely local park where we can stroll around spotting deer, poking about in the water with fishing nets and climbing trees.

But my absolute favourite, that I save for the really shit days when nothing else can cheer me up, is to take a detour home from school via the local newsagents. Sometimes we'll get magazines or stickers; but we always get a bag of pick'n'mix each, then stroll home eating them all. I can't explain how happy it makes me, but I know exactly why - it brings back lovely memories of being taken to the sweet shop by my big sister as a treat every week. Simple, uncomplicated pleasure!

missmogwi Fri 23-Sep-11 22:36:57

The DD's and I will have a 'beauty day'. We either buy face masks from qualitysave or make them with avocado etc. We 'do' each others nails and make up.

I'm usually the worse off in this scenario! Much blue eyeshadow and glitter.

Picnics in the park and local fields are great too. My two rolled themselves down
Miles of hills this summer!

And I use the library to hire DVDs as very cheap and have some old faves aswell as recent ones.

Sidalee7 Mon 26-Sep-11 21:06:42

A great thread! Some of our treats:

Making drop scones
Going to a cafe for breakfast or getting takeout croissants and drinks
Going for an ice cream at local ice cream parlour
Having lunch in the cafe after swimming lessons
Choosing a book at our local Waterstones smile

squareheadcut Tue 27-Sep-11 00:24:15

we went and played frisbee in the park before school this week as he's been talking about frisbees recently
buying mr men books - only 99p at local bookstore , ds loves them
baking fairy cakes
i made my 4yo ds a cd of music and we danced before school and after school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now