Talk

Advanced search

What job do you do?? I want a new career...

(6 Posts)
naughtyorouttacontrol Tue 13-Sep-11 20:45:41

Just wondering as mentioned above really.

I work in telesales at the moment, have been there nearly a year and find that the atmosphere is dead in my office and I am not really enjoying the job. But my boss is nice and flexable with me having time off to look after dd if ill or school meetings etc.

Just wondering what everyone else does.

I am thinking of teaching assistant (not sure how much experience I would need first.

Also thinking of driving instructor. I just want something that fits in well with having dd.

Help smile

MissPricklePants Tue 13-Sep-11 20:50:57

i work 2 days a week in a restaurant as it is flexible and fits round dd but i have a masters degree and would like to work in a different sector that relates to my qualifications!but im happy to have a job that fits around my dd so will stay where i am for the time being.

FeelingOld Wed 14-Sep-11 09:06:39

I work full-time as a Registered Childminder, been doing it 7 years. Fits in great with the kids especially during school holidays etc and on the whole I love it (just the paperwork that gets a bit much sometimes).

brightwell Wed 14-Sep-11 19:45:24

I'm a nurse, I worked mainly nights when dc were young as it was easiest for child care. Now I work mainly 8-4, dc are 17 & 14 so no longer need child care.

naughtyorouttacontrol Wed 14-Sep-11 20:53:19

Thanks for the replies, I really dont know what I want to do workwise and just seeing how others fit it in....

angrywoman Thu 15-Sep-11 14:22:15

Hmm I have just finished my arts degree. I want to go into teaching and asked at the jobcentre re teaching assistant jobs. I was told that those jobs need a qualification and qualified teachers are going for them in any case...! (Wonderfully encouraging!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now