Talk

Advanced search

Caught out!

(6 Posts)
ihatecbeebies Tue 13-Sep-11 10:29:21

Ex hasn't paid any child maintenance for about 4 months despite DS saying for a while that he has a new job. CSA says he's not declared any new job to them but on Sunday when DS's paternal gran dropped DS off she let it slip about him working (she mentioned him having to get a letter from his boss about something).

I asked if he was going to pay CSA now and she says he does pay, when I said he hasn't she then changed the story to he starts on Monday, then he's on a trial starting next week, then when I asked when he sees DS she says he doesn't finish work till 10pm on Friday and Saturday so sees him on a Sunday when he's off (even though he's apparently not started yet).

If I phone the CSA could they do anything about it as I've not got any of the work details and I am certain that if I ask the gran again for details she'll deny everything after speaking to ex?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Tue 13-Sep-11 12:54:58

Why did he suddenly stop paying child maintenance? Can't you just ask him to pay it to you?

ihatecbeebies Tue 13-Sep-11 13:05:05

I don't know why he stopped, he moved house so it might be that he wanted to keep the money for his new place but that's me just guessing. The CSA said he told them he had problems with his bank account and then they heard nothing from him and he wouldn't answer the phone to him, then he claimed he had no job about 2 months ago.

No I can't ask him, I have an interim interdict against him so he cannot contact me as he was abusing and harassing me and I've not to contact him either. I drop DS off with his gran every second Friday and he stays with them and goes back home on Sunday and his dad sees him when he is there.

ihatecbeebies Tue 13-Sep-11 13:46:39

He wasn't paying religiously for years before this though, before I had the interdict granted I tried to have the maintenance payments paid privately between us but he paid me once and was less than what I had asked for (I used the CSA calculator and what I was asking was less than what they would have taken from him) then refused to pay me after that.

When I went through the CSA it took quite a number of months to sort out and then I got my payments for about 10 months but it was his mum that was putting the money into an account for him then he took over paying it and the payments went through ok for a couple of months and then suddenly stopped and the CSA couldn't reach him on the phone.

Cornwell Tue 13-Sep-11 15:28:16

Phone the CSA asap with any information that you get.......they can track people using national insurance details etc so it is always worthwhile giving them what you have. Don't wait to pass on updates because it can take them months/years to act on any update they are given.
Make a note of the date, time and name of the person you speak to on the phone - calls are recorded for CSA security/safety purposes so a log is good to have in case you need to chase them (very likely in my experience!)

ihatecbeebies Tue 13-Sep-11 16:40:54

Thanks Cornwell I just called them they said they'd investigate it as he's still not declaring any job to them, they said it would take at least 5 weeks though but I'd get anything my DS is entitled to all backdated which is good to hear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now