Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else had their income support stopped??

(4 Posts)
GossipWitch Sun 04-Sep-11 10:27:49

I received a letter on Friday from the jobcentre saying they have stopped paying my income support as I have not returned an a2 form, I assumed this was my part time earnings form so I rang them to tell them that I rang a few weeks back, and explained that I had sent my payslips to them as soon as I got the letter, they then told me this was a completely different department and that everyone on income support was under review, and everyone on income support had received an A2 form and had to send it back within four weeks, I have not received such a form to send it back, believe me, I am extremely anal about money affairs so I would definitely have sent such a form back if I had received it, I have also asked a few friends who are on income support but none of them have had this issue. I was just wondering if I'm the only one?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Sun 04-Sep-11 16:38:43

It does sound like a new thing TBH.

It looks like you simply didn't receive the original documentation, i'd just get another form and return it to them ASAP. That way, your IS should be backdated and if not, you'd have grounds for complaint.

Will you be able to manage financially for another 7-10 days?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Sun 04-Sep-11 16:43:27

Just googled A2. Apparently everyone gets one when they have been on IS for 3 years, just to make sure that your money is correct.

And it does state in the letter than failure to return it would result in IS being stopped, but as you never received it in the first place, that couldn't be helped.

Get on the phone to them first thing in the morning, i'm sure it'll end up being backdated smile

GossipWitch Sun 04-Sep-11 18:23:23

Yes luckily in that respect, bills are up to date, and I have food in, thats probably why my friends haven't had such a letter with the three year rule thing, that explains alot, however they failed to mention that on the phone, I'm expecting a phone call between 9 and 11 tomorrow if not I'll have to ring them. Thank you for all your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now