Talk

Advanced search

omg! Been single for nearly 6yrs, and i finally have a boyfriend!

(24 Posts)
Tortoise Sat 03-Sep-11 19:34:08

Feel about 12 saying boyfriend! grin
Been seeing him for about 2mths now. He's a single dad with a 4 yr old and 2 grown up DDs.
I'm really happy, he's been round my house a few times in the holidays and his DS and my 4 dc have all played together or my DSs have been on the xbox with DP (that feels weird typing that!).
Dc go back to school Monday and his DS starts school so hopefully we will get some time alone grin!

I never thought anyone would be interested in me with all my dc! Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well for me for once!

LeoTheLateBloomer Sat 03-Sep-11 19:35:19

Really happy for you grin

Enjoy the quality time wink

GloriaVanderbilt Sat 03-Sep-11 19:37:15

Oh Torty you provide hope for us all. Go for it! Hope it works out, he sounds great smile

Aimsmum Sat 03-Sep-11 19:46:23

Lovely news, Tortoise smile

TheOriginalNutcracker Sat 03-Sep-11 19:47:26

That's great news Tortoise grin

Tortoise Sat 03-Sep-11 19:55:09

Thanks grin.

Meglet Sat 03-Sep-11 19:58:24

aaaw, that's lovely to hear smile.

anothermum92 Sat 03-Sep-11 20:32:56

Message withdrawn

Jellykat Sat 03-Sep-11 21:06:50

That's wonderful news Tortoise! grin

AmIthatbad Sat 03-Sep-11 21:40:57

That's so nice to hear....have fun

Tortoise Sat 03-Sep-11 22:12:42

Hope I get rid of my cold by Monday! Don't want to spread any germs!

festi Sat 03-Sep-11 22:17:24

im so glad you are happy tortoise you deserve to be this happy. grin

Go on tell all where, how and when did you meet?

TwoIfBySea Sat 03-Sep-11 22:28:03

Aw, Tortoise, that is sweet!

Hope for us all then. I'll was 4 years single in July & it feels like a chronic condition. Can't imagine anyone wanting to take on me, dts age 9 & our chaotic mess of a life! I'd love to have someone to care for me and to care for again in that way.

Tortoise Sat 03-Sep-11 22:55:11

Sort of known of him for a while through mutual friend. I've been walking to preschool with friend and her DD. He was there dropping off his DS. We all used to walk down the road chatting. Then about 3-4mths ago he added me as a friend on fb. I accepted and we started chatting on there.

Then he was taking his DS away for a week and I told him I would miss chatting to him so we exchanged mobile numbers! Chatted a lot via txt while he was away and I realised I missed seeing him around. Kind of went on from then. I knew he liked me from the start!

Me up in the park with dc at beginning of summer hols and had a quick sneaky kiss while kids weren't looking lol.

Then he started coming to mine at least once a week. Few longer sneaky kisses while kids were outside!

My dc seem happy about it. Which is good.
I'm 33 and he's 47 which I have to admit worried me a bit at 1st but I don't care now.
Sorry, that was a bit long!

festi Sat 03-Sep-11 22:59:27

sounds great, lovely you have let it evolve and just get to know each other. age difference sounds fne.

Grockle Sat 03-Sep-11 23:02:11

Sounds lovely, tortoise. Enjoy it smile

If you ate both happy, the age difference shouldn't matter at all

LeoTheLateBloomer Sun 04-Sep-11 07:38:38

Am grin from reading your last post!

I love that gooey butterfly feeling at the beginning of a relationship smile

notlettingthefearshow Sun 04-Sep-11 07:45:30

How exciting! Good for you! You know a relationship is good for you when it makes you feel like a teenager and you can't stop telling people.

Enjoy it!

makemineapinot Sun 04-Sep-11 14:55:12

Ooooh - what a lovely post Tortoise - you sound so happy grin and you're giving hope to the rest of us too!! smile

Tortoise Sun 04-Sep-11 15:27:47

I had started to lose hope makemineapinot!

SaggyHairyArse Sun 04-Sep-11 16:09:17

What lovely news!

teahouse Sun 04-Sep-11 20:13:13

Fantastic news - gives me hope. Not had a relationship for over 6 years myself

Tortoise Sun 04-Sep-11 21:45:01

Glad its giving you hope.
I wasn't looking for anyone and it just happened unexpectedly. Was online sites for a while and not one date and only a couple of messages from twats!

oliviasmama Mon 05-Sep-11 20:05:12

happy news....really pleased for you torty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now