Talk

Advanced search

How often do your children to speak to their dad on the phone?

(5 Posts)
MojitoTime Wed 31-Aug-11 09:53:39

By this I mean, if they have a good relationship with him and there hasn't been any abuse etc.

piellabakewell Wed 31-Aug-11 10:07:18

Almost never...they see him every week but have virtually no contact between visits. They are both in high school and have mobiles but he doesn't usually text or call or email them. He lives 2.5 miles away.

When they are at his house, they call and text me several times a day.

whiteandnerdy Wed 31-Aug-11 10:12:17

I have 3 DS 11,12,18 every weekend except the 4th week when I see them on the Wednesday, they probably only ever phone me if their really upset at their mums or maybe want something specific. They've been at mine for the last 2 and a half weeks of the summer holiday and I've had to cajoled DS2 and DS3 into sending a single text message on DS2's phone to their mum. However DSS at 18 is always on his iphone to his mum so it just depends on the individual.

MrGin Wed 31-Aug-11 10:25:49

I usually get on the phone to dd -( 2.5 years ) a couple of times a week. But obviously at that age it's not really a conversation, she just babbles away ( a bit like her mother ) , it works to sing songs together down the line too.

I do get a text from XP every evening though just to let me know all is ok.

Vibrant Wed 31-Aug-11 13:04:24

He's free to ring her whenever he wants, and she rings him whenever she asks and knows she can do so any time. Generally though, he doesn't bother in between seeing her unless he's phoned me about something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now