Talk

Advanced search

How annoying is that, he is a nice bloke, makes me laugh but i don't fancy him one little bit

(11 Posts)
TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 29-Aug-11 19:18:42

I know it sounds very shallow, but there has to be an attraction there doesn't there.

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 29-Aug-11 19:20:09

There does, but it isn't always instant. Unless he totally revolts you, I think attraction can develop over time.

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 29-Aug-11 19:21:59

He doesn't revolt me no, but i don't find him attractive at all, not even slightly.

God that sounds awful.

Love your name btw grin

Maybe i am being too picky.

mo3d Mon 29-Aug-11 19:22:14

Can you organise to go out as friends (perhaps in a group) a few times and see if an attraction develops?

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 29-Aug-11 19:24:13

How long have you known him? Has he made it clear that he fancies you? It's not too picky to expect to fancy someone but sometimes the men you are instantly attracted to are the overconfident/arrogant types who turn out to be total douchebags.

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 29-Aug-11 19:24:46

We don't have any mutual friends (well one but bad idea). He is younger than me and he is quite baby faced which i think is part of the problem.

Thing is, if i went out with him, even for one date, I'd feel like i was leading him on, and i don't want to do that.

Maybe i could find someone for him lol.

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 29-Aug-11 19:26:29

Akiss, - you just described exactly the type of men i fall for.

I knew him a few years ago when i worked with him and then we got in touch again about a year ago via fb.

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 29-Aug-11 19:26:50

Oh sorry, yes he has made it clear he fancies me.

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 29-Aug-11 19:33:46

Going on one date isn't leading someone on. If you usually fall for arrogant twatty douchebags then maybe you just don't fancy him because he's not what you are used to? Sometimes you can get stuck in a rut of always going for the same type because it feels familiar.

I definitely don't think you need to worry about leading someone on. You could just go somewhere casual for a coffee.

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 29-Aug-11 19:44:50

Hmm maybe. Will have a think about it lol

chubbasmum Mon 29-Aug-11 20:31:54

OP i dont think its shallow at all but who knows he might grow on you i think i speak for most women when i say most of our exs are as Akiss... puts it twatty douchebags. some good friends do become lovers ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now