Talk

Advanced search

To wish he would just think before opening his mouth?

(5 Posts)
FagAshLill Sun 28-Aug-11 19:48:16

Kids talk to their dad every Sunday via skype as he's not in the country.

I make sure I can listen in to what he is saying just in case they start to get upset. Now..normally the conversation with the kids is ok, but I'm getting fed up with the constant comments of what he will do when they are over there to see him, or even when they move over! They are 8 and 10 and he left us all for Australia without telling anyone.

He's forever building up hope and expectations of a country I doubt they will ever see..anyway, this is a minor bug bear the main one is this...

I'm all for joking around with the kids but telling DD I'm a bitch (about us having a leg of lamb for dinner of all things) even in a jokey way is down right pissing me off. She's 10 ffs, hormones are kicking in and I dont need his comments like that on top of it all.

I did tell him after the kids have finished that I dont appreciate this and that I'm having a hard enough time with DD as it is, with school, hormones, puberty etc and to stop saying things like that. As it's not helping either of us.

He just laughed it off and said she knew it was a joke. Why the fuck doesnt he just listen and THINK before opening his fat gob?

Wanker. I'm glad he's on the other side of the planet. He wasnt a good influence on DS at the best of times when he was here.

hairylights Sun 28-Aug-11 22:28:50

He sounds like a total arse. You have my sympathy.

blackeyedsusan Sun 28-Aug-11 23:48:06

not a joke no. rude and uncalled for. wonders where the phone cable is plugged in [innocent emotion]

ChippingIn Sun 28-Aug-11 23:55:54

Even 10,000 miles away he's a pain in the arse.

Do the kids enjoy talking to him?

Next time he says anything about what they can do when they are in Aus, just say 'OMG you should have said you'd won the lottery' when he says he hasn't - ask him how else he proposes the three of you get there??

If he slags you off simply say 'I am not having that' and 'hang up'. It's not like he can drive around and pick them up. He needs to learn to act like a decent human being...

... it may take a while.

FagAshLill Mon 29-Aug-11 10:29:27

The kids enjoy talking to him yes. He has mentioned that he's willing to pay for all of us to go over (and is convinced I am willing to fork out money to keep the kids passports upto date for a holiday that's never going to happen), but then he has also mentioned about DD moving out there when she is 18. Not DS. Just DD so I hate him talking to the kids for that reason alone.

He is all for DD and doesnt make an effort what so ever with DS, never did.

The thing is with him, and his parents even admit this, his middle name should have been Gonna. I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that, but of course it never happens.

I know there isnt much I can do about it, and it's one of those things where I am going to be picking up the pieces again when he lets them down.

Even chirstmas and birthdays, DD always gets something through for her birthday and then when it's DS it's "oh, can you buy something and tell him it's from me, I'll give you the money for it" - (which never materialises)

Arse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now